Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday, November 24th - one month to Christmas Eve!!!

It's been a pretty quiet week. Not a lot going on at our house although there were things we could have participated in, but just didn't.

My sheepskin is still just sitting with salt on it. I was having some difficulty finding the chemical I required to tan it myself, but after much  digging and digging online, I finally found a source in Quebec. I've ordered what I need and once it arrives I can move on to the next step. For now they are just sitting and drying, which is exactly what they are supposed to be doing ( I think!).  This is all a learning process.

The weather has been unseasonably mild the past few days but lots and lots of rain. I see this morning that the rain has stopped for now but it has gotten quite a bit colder. From 16' yesterday morning to 0' this morning. But then it seems we may get back up into some milder temperatures as the week goes on.  Thankfully it's not snowing as yet. Parts of New Brunswick received a fair bit of snow yesterday but if they can keep it from crossing the bridge, we'd be quite happy with that.

I see Ontario also got some snow on the weekend. All the better for those Santa Claus Parades. James and the pipe band and/or air cadets seem to be doing their fair share of marching in parades. This past weekend was the Puslinch parade. That's him in the centre of the front of the group.


You can just see a bit of snow in the field to the right in the picture. There's a photo of Meghan on their snow covered back deck, on Instagram..(I'd include that one but I can't figure out how to copy it from there and save it)

Sunday was mild but rainy so I opted to stay inside and do some much needed work, while Lloyd puttered out in his workshop. I did laundry, and cleaned out the top cupboards in the kitchen, that have badly needed that for quite some time. I needed to see just what I have on hand and what I need to pick up to do some Christmas baking. I did get my Christmas cake baked on Sunday as well as a couple of batches of cookies. Trouble with the cookies is they are disappearing quickly. I need to pick up containers to freeze them in so I can find a place to hide them from certain people (and I must admit, I'm also guilty).

Tonight is our pot luck supper at Community School to mark the end of the session.  It wasn't totally successful as neither I nor my two students finished any projects but it was an evening out and we enjoyed ourselves just the same.  We usually have at least one night when it's really snowy but so far we haven't had that this year. Which reminds me, I'd better cut this short and get on to something else. They want to put together a little flyer with the recipes from the cook a night class, which I helped with last Tuesday. I got a call last night that someone needs the recipes I used so I'd better go and find them and get them emailed.

See you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment