Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Tuesday, June 7th - a bit of a whirlwind week

We were very busy this week and not a lot got done, but there were some high points in spite of it (or because of it!)

We were pleased to spend a few days with an old friend from Guelph, who now lives in Brockville. Trish and Steph have been friends for a very long time. Unfortunately Trish wasn't with him but we were very happy to host Steph. Needless to say a few bottles of wine may have been consumed!


Friday night was our trivia at the Rec Centre and then I met up with the guys at Peakes Tee for some wings.

One of my evenings was spent baking a birthday cake for our friends daughter who was turning 3 on Saturday. She wanted a puppy cake so that's what was attempted and apparently it was a bit success.

Lillian and her mom Willow with the puppy cake


Saturday afternoon a group of people convened at the Rec Centre again, to help prepare for the fund raiser that was being held on Sunday. Then it continued early on Sunday morning. I met up with Brenda who was out in a field collecting apple blossoms. I assisted (only slightly, I might add) with putting together the centrepieces for the tables. She used the apple blossoms and some bleeding hearts from her garden and they turned out absolutely lovely. She definitely has a knack for this sort of thing and a great eye for what works and what doesn't.

Waiting to go on the tables
Sunday afternoon was spent at the dinner helping out there, then I headed home. I had to drop my little car off for some repair work and Lloyd had a pile of boards that needed to be moved into the garage for his roof trusses. Now he can work on those inside, in spite of the weather. Sunday night the skies were rather ominous looking after supper and they certainly looked like we were in for some wet weather and sure enough, that's what Monday was all about - cold and wet..

The early part of this week will be busy getting ready for my trip to Toronto. I'll be leaving early on Thursday morning and returning back to the island on Sunday. We'll see how much progress is made when I'm gone and not in the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment