Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thurdsay, July 21st - a little late but I was BUSY!

Well, the first day of being farmer McDenny went well. I was up early on my first day of vacation. I got a few things done before Lloyd got home from work. By the time he had arrived, all the animals were fed, the goat was milked, the milk chilled and in the fridge and all was well.

He had a couple of hours before time to take him to the airport so he caught a bit of a nap. I dropped him at the airport at 11:00 for his 11:45 am flight to Toronto. He had a nine hour wait in Toronto for his flight to Lisbon but one of his friends from the Guelph airport came into the city to go for supper with him so that broke things up a bit. 

I had several errands to run while I was in town because I didn't plan to come back in until the weekend. It was a bit cooler and you could tell it wasn't a beach day. Not a great time to be in town because traffic is crazy. All the tourist use the cooler days to come in to tour the city as it really wasn't a sit in the sun kind of  day. A great day to get done what needs to be done and get out of there!

I bottled thirty bottles of wine at the brew your own place before leaving town so we are well stocked.  When I got home I spent the time doing some cleaning up around the yard, just putting a few things away that got missed on the weekend. While I was out there Meghan Van Gaal came over with some of her friends who are visiting from Toronto. They had a little boy who was quite happy to see the animals, so much so, that he didn't want to leave.

I continued working away until I ran out of steam. After a bite to eat, it was time to feed the animals again. Once everyone was fed, watered and put away for the night I headed back inside where I received a call from Brenda advising that they had fresh strawberry short cake, did I want to come over? Are you kidding me? Of course I did. So a lovely dessert and a cup of hot tea was a great way to end my first day of vacation. 

Today is supposed to be VERY hot so sometime this afternoon will be a beach day for Brenda and me.
Check back later in the week for more updates. I'm waiting to hear that Lloyd has arrived at his final destination in the Azores, but I suspect he's not there yet. I'll keep you posted as he promises to send photos.

One last word, I received a text from granddaughter Meghan, who is currently camping with the family. She got word that this year she will be doing 2 duets with her competition dance team. Last years was absolutely beautiful so I know she's pretty pleased about being chosen to do 2 numbers next  year.

And also in the same family, James will be performing at the Hillside Festival in Guelph on Friday evening. The rock band that he plays pipes in one song with, is playing. Too bad bagpipes don't figure in more pieces of rock music - guess he'll have to start changing things up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment