Monday, January 23, 2017

Tuesday, January 24th - is Lloyd's birthday gift insurance against winter?

What a great week it was. Lloyd's birthday was on Sunday and we had Brenda and Bernie in for supper on Saturday night. We enjoyed a great meal with good friends and a toast to Lloyd turning 65.  I purchased some snow shoes for him in hopes that we would get lots of snow in the next few days. Turns out we're not getting any snow, but lots of freezing rain followed by just plain rain. Not the best weather for trying out the new snowshoes.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that February has a bit more snow.
A toast to the birthday  boy



I love it when the guests help out - especially if it means pouring the wine



I spent a morning earlier in the week baking a new batch of bread to put in the freezer. It's such a comforting thing to spend a morning doing.








I went with Lloyd to his flying club breakfast on Saturday morning. It's only the second time and I've always avoided it because it's usually just a group of guys sitting around talking about airplanes. This week was just the opposite. We were sat with some guys that I got into some lengthy conversations about movies and TV shows and I really enjoyed my morning.  I might actually be inclined to go out more often, especially once the good weather comes and I can take the Miata. (sorry, am I rushing spring??)

James was busy on the weekend at his first Biathlon competition in Collingwood on Sunday. Patti and Tristen went up to watch (James traveled with the cadets). Unfortunately her day was cut a bit short as Meghan was at home with her dad and ended up sleeping over at the General Hospital. She had come down with a cold on Friday and that messed up her system enough that she required some extra treatment. Apparently that can happen with diabetes. Thankfully she's home now and doing much better. 






While the big boys raced, Tristen and Patti had a turn on the trails


So where in the world was Patti this weekend?  Collingwood and Guelph General. It can't always be glitz and glamour but I know all the kids were glad to have her around for ALL the events that took place this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment