Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tuesday, May 22nd - the cleanup continues...

Our long weekend turned out to be pretty productive.
The clearing of the brush on the north side of the yard is pretty much complete. Now we are just left with piles and piles of branches and small trees. Fortunately we have a wood chipper arriving next Friday afternoon that should take care of all the branches. The beauty of it is we can then spread the resulting mulch back under the trees. Should work beautifully (at least in theory, anyway)

Both Saturday and Monday were lovely days for working outside. I've cleaned up all that I can, mowed the grass for the first time and tidied up the flower beds. Now that the lawn has been mowed, I suppose we can officially declare it spring!

Brenda has been doing pretty much the same thing all weekend as well. Although, we did take a little break on Saturday morning to watch the Royal Wedding. I was up ridiculously early so I made some biscuits for our snack. As most of my cookie cutters are out in the garage kitchen, I used what I had at hand. Heart shaped biscuits seemed somehow appropriate anyway.

Ready for the oven


We enjoyed our morning and I especially loved watching the wedding take place in a spot I visited many years ago. Windsor is such a lovely little town and the weather was perfect both on Saturday and when I visited in 2003.

Other than work not a lot took place. Although Lloyd did walk to Morell on  Friday afternoon. He's done very well with his diet and the walking he did to prepare for his trip has continued now that he's back. He left the house at 12:30 and I met him up there at 5:30, none the worse for wear. Our friends Jens and Linda joined us there to have supper, and accused me of having just dropped him off as he didn't look tired enough, according to them!

Monday morning Jens came over and the two of them walked over to Mount Stewart for breakfast. I picked Lloyd up but Jens walked back. I spoke to him later in the afternoon and the walk back was good except for that very big hill at the end. So, well done to them both.

Monday night Brenda and I went to the movies and then for tea and dessert after. A really great way to end our long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment