Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday, March 2nd - more stormy weather on the way?

Conditions at 5:00 am:  -5 and lightly snowing
Expected later: -1 and 5 to 10 cms of snow today and maybe more later in the week

It was a busy but great weekend. It seems spring must be on the way as it's almost like we're slowly coming out of hibernation. 

Friday night was pizza night with the Van Gaals.  It was a lovely day on Friday with lots of sunshine so you felt like getting out and doing something. Getting together with friends fit the bill perfectly. 
More sunshine on Saturday as I worked in the morning.  I met Lloyd at the grocery store before work and we did some grocery shopping then we headed our separate ways - me to work and him home to put stuff away and then have a nap or work in the garage.

When I got home I had a little bit of time before we headed back into town for Marlene's retirement get together. We went in early as Lloyd needed to pick something up at the building store for the project he's working on. Then it was off to the hotel to meet up with everyone, and there was quite a crown indeed. They had acquired a suite to host the drinks and snacks and there must have been at least 30 or more people crowded in there all wishing Marlene the best of luck. Then it was downstairs to the restaurant where we all ordered off the menu. My compliments to the kitchen staff for the fast and efficient way in which the entire meal was executed. It's quite a task to get that many people fed in a timely manner when they're all ordering something different. .Turned out the cook and one of the waitresses was actually someone Marlene and Raymond had  known a long time ago, so that was a bit of a surprise. A great time was had by all and we were all invited back to the room for drinks but we declined and left, as Lloyd was starting to fade.



Sunday was another bright sunny day, perfect for skiing. First order of business was to get my skiis out of the shed where they are stored - not an easy task with all the snow, but fortunately for me, Lloyd graciously volunteered to go out there and get them for me, so I was very grateful for that. 






We had a bit of a delayed start as the Van Gaals had company drop in, but as soon a Brenda could get away, she was over, and we headed to Souris. They have a nice clubhouse up there and we haven't tried out all the trails.  It was an absolutely beautiful day to be out in the snow. There were a few hills that were quite a challenge but I'm pleased to say that neither of us fell, even once!  So a great day was had by both.  By the time we got home, we were both pretty much done in. Lots of fresh air and exercise will do that to a person. 




I was to supposed to make fruitcake for a lady at work this weekend, but other than soaking the fruit in rum, that's as far as I've gotten. I did promise it to her for today, so I'd better get busy tonight and get it done, and hope she'll accept my poor excuses - too busy having fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment