Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday, July 14th - summer has finally gotten into high gear!

It's been beautiful weather all week and what a week it's been! I dropped Meghan off at the airport on Tuesday afternoon and she was on her way, meeting her mom as planned in Toronto. There was momentary panic on my part when I checked to see if  flights were on time, only to learn that hers had been cancelled. Not to worry, they had just changed the flight number and she was good to go.

All was quiet until Friday, when I left work at 3:00 to drive up to Cavendish. I was volunteering at the Cavendish Beach Festival.  It was a busy time but a fun time. Unfortunately getting out of the lot wasn't so much fun. There were issues with traffic and I ended up getting home at 2:30 in the morning on Saturday. I was up early and in town to meet Lloyd for coffee at 8:00.  I had been asked to volunteer on Sunday as well but chose instead not to, as in the end, they had lots of helpers and I didn't want to be getting home that late another night on the weekend.



The weather was perfect on Friday for the concert and there were thousands of people there having a great time!


Lloyd had been fighting a frustrating battle with my motorcycle all week long. Just when he would think it was all fixed, it would start acting up - again.  I had planned to take it over to the school on Friday evening with Brenda for my pre-season trial run around the lot. But of course, it wouldn't start, even though it had been running just fine not an hour before. Lloyd was very determined by now and in the end it seems he's finally gotten all the bugs worked out of it. So much so, that Brenda and I headed out on Sunday afternoon and did our thing at the school and then when I felt a little more comfortable we hit the road. I was only out twice last year, before it developed mechanical difficulties so I felt like I was starting all over again.  We toured over to Cardigan where we enjoyed some lunch at the Cape Light Restaurant - always a good choice. Then we meandered across country to St. Peter's for ice cream. Then it was back on the road and down to Morrell and a stop at the grocery store for burger buns as we had invited the Van Gaals over for BBQ burgers ( I know, same stuff, different day!). Each time we stopped, we both said a silent little prayer that it would start again, and it did! She never let me down once all day.




It was an early evening for all of us as we'd had a busy day.

But the best part of my weekend had to be Saturday afternoon. To make a long story short, I bought myself a new toy. It was  located just down the road in Statford and at a price I could actually manage. Now those who  know me REALLY, REALLY well and for a very long time, know that this is something I've wanted for over 25 years. I never thought it would ever actually come true..... but it has! I picked it up yesterday after work.




Summer will never be the same again.


It's going to take a while to wipe that grin off my face!!!

One more thing off my bucket list...that I never imagined would be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment