Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday, December 15th - a little delayed this morning - as is much of the island

We're bracing ourselves for what may be a significant snow fall, depending on what part of the island you call home. It wasn't snowing when I got up this morning but started by the time I was on my way into town. Schools buses are cancelled this morning so no school for the kids. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. It could get interesting.

Only four more sleeps till we are on our way to Williamsburg, Virginia to spend Christmas with Patti and Greg and the kids. The weather there is a little milder than here and I don't expect there to be snow but the beautiful Christmas decorations will more than make up for it.


Lloyd is away this week, farm sitting for our friends Charles and Laura.They plan to be back by lunch time on Friday, before we head out to Lloyd's work Christmas dinner.  Then it's home to finish up the last bit of packing up before leaving on Saturday morning.

It's been a busy last few days. We had a lovely evening at our friends home in Mermaid on Friday and then dinner with the Van Gaals on Saturday evening. Sunday was spent doing a bit of last minute baking and then the weekend was over.  I have some neighbour ladies coming over for a drink and some snacks on Wednesday, weather permitting, of course. So last night was spent tidying and cleaning and tonight will be food prep. Because everyone is very close by, it shouldn't be too affected by the weather.

Patti has been busy with costumes for this years play. Dress rehearsal is today and the show is tomorrow night. Good luck to everybody, I know she and her friend Katie have been very busy, even recruiting the assistance of some Montessori Alumni to help out.

She did have a flight to London last  week and she sent me some pictures. I've not been there at Christmas but I'd love to go some year. She sent a photo outside a large building and I immediately recognized it as Selfridge's department store. I had just finished watching the new season of Mr. Selfridge on Netflix.




On that note, I will leave you and touch base next Tuesday morning, from beautiful downtown Colonial Williamsburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment