Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday, January 25th - more winter enjoyment...

Fortunately for us, we escaped the massive storm that struck the eastern seaboard of the United States this past weekend. Once again we dodged that bullet. In fact we had a beautiful weekend.

Friday was Lloyd's birthday so a belated best wishes to him.  Never let it be said I don't know how to show him a good time. I invited him out to the Rec Centre Friday night for our Capture the Queen of Hearts weekly event. I bought him some tickets, some wings and a diet coke (no beer as he had to work later). Now seriously, does it really get any better than that?

Unfortunately his tickets didn't win nor did his team win at trivia. But it's the thought that counts, right?

Saturday after work, I stopped in at Brenda's for a tea and to make some plans for Sunday.

Lloyd and I were supposed to be going out for supper on Saturday evening to celebrate his birthday but instead we ended up staying home and cooking.

Sunday morning, after breakfast, I met up with Brenda and Meghan to try out my new snow shoes. I had picked them up on Saturday on my way home from work. I've never been on snow shoes in my entire life, but it was much easier than I anticipated. In fact after we were out for about an hour, we were pleased to report that not one of us fell down.  All in all, a successful venture.  I did find it to be a bit more of a workout than cross country skiing so that's a bonus.

Snow shoeing isn't exactly the most graceful sport but it was fun

After skiing I headed home to get changed and ready to go out for supper. Our friends Charles and Laura had invited us out for the evening. A lovely meal was enjoyed and good company all around, as per usual.

Tristen also had a great weekend. He attended a speed skating meet in Milton, ON and won a silver medal. Well done, T.

Be sure to tune in next Tuesday for an update - we're expecting twins in a couple of weeks! We'll have all the details for you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment