Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday, Feb 23rd - can this really be winter?

After the snowaggeddon that was last winter, we're all a little gun shy and just waiting for something serious to hit. This week had some really great weather, with mild days and lots of sunshine, mixed in with a bit of rain. Needless to say, most of our snow is gone or is of such poor quality, it's of no use at all for recreational purposes. More rain and mild temperatures coming up during the rest of the week.


Even spring vehicles are starting to come out of hiding - spotted on Saturday afternoon on my way home
The baby goats are growing. We weighed them on Friday and Annie has gained 2 pounds and little Amelia a pound and a half.  They had a very busy weekend, meeting and greeting. Our friends Sharyn, as well as Jens and Linda, came over for coffee on Saturday afternoon when I got home from work. All were suitably impressed with the cuteness level of the two little ones.


After they left, it was just a quiet evening with some finger food in front of the TV.  Sunday morning dawned rainy and I knew there wouldn't be any outdoor activities so I instead got up early and spent  most  of the day out in the craft room. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't used it very much over the past few months. I decided I needed to work on a project I started over a year ago, and get it finished before I start anything new. I did spend quite a bit of time cleaning and reorganizing so it's back to a useful space once more. It had become somewhat of a dumping ground for various craft supplies and it really needed to be addressed. I'm happy to report that it's a great space once more and I actually got a fair bit of work done on my project.

Part way through the afternoon, our friends Richard and Daralen came over to visit the kids, on their way into town.  Richard admitted he had never seen a baby goat before. 

Because it was quite mild, we made the decision to cook supper al fresco,  so we moved the BBQ over to the back of the house where we grilled some pork chops. YUUUUMMMMMM! Nothing like the first BBQ of the season to help you look forward to spring.

Dark outside, no worries!

Perfectly grilled and ready for some sides

I spent a bit of time talking to Meghan on Face time on Sunday afternoon and Lloyd even brought Amelia into the kitchen for a minute to say hello which made Meg very happy. She was busy getting ready for a dance competition this coming weekend. Their dance team has been working really hard and I'm sure they'll so well. Good luck girls!
 
Monday was a stressful day for both mom and babies. Lloyd took the kids into the vet college to have their horns removed, before they grow any further. I'm not sure how they did it, but I'm sure it wasn't very pleasant. But I guess it couldn't have been too bad as they used anesthetic to put them under during the procedure, and also gave them booster shots and tetanus shots. It was the full medical treatment. Needless to say, mom wasn't impressed and was pretty stressed until they were returned to her later in the afternoon.

We went out to the garage after supper and everyone seems no worse for their experiences. Mom was happily eating her grain and the kids were hopping around like a couple of mad fools (totally normal) so all seems to be well with their world.

After Lloyd went to bed, I called Brenda and got caught up on all the news, as we saw each other on Friday at the rec centre but not over the weekend. Highly unusual!

No comments:

Post a Comment