Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tuesday, April 18th - it's been a busy week but things are about to get a LOT busier!

I know it was Easter on the weekend but that didn't stop us from continuing to work out in the garage kitchen.  As of today, the convection ovens are in place. The racks and doors still need to be put back on but at least they are in place and the venting is all complete. All that's needed now for those is some propane and a gas fitter to hook it up. Maybe next week...

There was a LOT of cleaning to be done to those poor old ovens. I contacted Blodgett with the serial number and was told at least one of them was manufactured in 1994. Not sure about the other one. (I have to look up the serial number on that one )I could be wrong but I'm not sure they've seen much  cleaning since that time! I'm sure that's not the case but it took most of the weekend to get them into shape.  No worries though, as we really didn't have any plans other to continue work out there. Now they're looking better than ever - all I have to do is try to keep it that way! Stay tuned for a picture coming soon  to a blog near you...

The mixer has had the top layer of paint stripped off and the next layer given a bit of a sanding so it's also ready to be painted, so things are moving along.

Lloyd and I attended the Food Safety course on Thursday. Hopefully we both passed!

The weather was quite nice the end of last week so we were able to do a fair bit of cleaning up in the back yard as well. We had accumulated quite a bit of "junk" out behind the garage so Friday was spent loading it all into the truck and trailer to take into town on Saturday. What a difference it makes.

The weather was so nice that we just had to get the goats outside. The winter weather had taken down some of the fence so that also got fixed over the weekend. Those 5 little guys and their parents really enjoyed frolicking around in the sunshine. So much so that when I went out to the barn to feed them later, they were all lying down having a little siesta.

Sadly, our nice weather hasn't lasted. Sunday and Monday were pretty cool and drizzly so not the best of days. In fact we had some flurries on Monday evening. Not a welcome sight at this time of year. But it didn't matter to me. I'm heading off to Ontario on Thursday morning so I only have a couple of days to get things in order and ready to go.Lots of last minute things to do around the house, although I'm fairly certain Lloyd will manage quite nicely for the 13 days that I'll be gone. Patti and Greg are off on a trip and I'm spending my time grand parenting.  Looking forward to it.







 But the weekend wasn't ALL work.  We had been invited to the Van Gaals for supper on Friday. After working all day long, I was ever so grateful that someone else was cooking  for me. And as usual, a delicious meal it was with great company.  Then on Saturday morning, Brenda came over to go for a walk. We headed down the road and little Barney followed us. He doesn't seem to realize that he's a goat. He walked the entire way between the two of us - no leash or collar required. He's such a funny little character. I was out raking the front lawn on Friday and he was out with me. He just follows me around like a dog, it's really quite funny. In fact he does a better job of sticking with me than the dog does - Cooper could take some lessons from Barney.





We worked all afternoon on Saturday again, and got a phone call from our friends Jens and Linda, wondering if we were interested in going out for supper. Yay - again cooking duties are looked after by someone else. After working all day it was really a treat.We had a lovely evening visiting and enjoying our meal together.

James was busy on the weekend at The Toronto Indoor Games piping competition. Patti was there and was able to film part of James' performance. It takes a minute or so before she spots him in the group and from there you can see him playing. I have to say, I was mighty impressed

 https://youtu.be/mTZmea0Eh6Q

Here's a photo of the band for those of you who find listening to the bagpipes painful! (and you know who you are!)

James is in the front row, second from the end on this side!




Part of the weekend while James was piping, Patti and Tristen went to the Ripley Aquarium. He'd been there before with school and it looks like lots of fun.

Meg has finished her dance competitions for the season but now they are busy gearing up for the recital in June.



Next weeks post will be from beautiful downtown Guelph - wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment