Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tuesday, April 25th - the kids are at school, laundry is in, now time for my second cup of coffee!

After a very busy few days, it's nice to have a bit of time to myself.

It was warm for a couple of days but....now it's chilly and wet, again. My walk this morning is going to have to wait!  It's going to get warmer as the week goes on and we should return to nice temperatures. The weather was beautiful here in downtown Guelph on the weekend. It was very cold and wet on Thursday when I arrived but had cleared up by Friday. Saturday and Sunday were warm and sunny. The lawns here are all green and driving through the country side is a lovely carpet of emerald everywhere you look.

Patti and I spent most of Thursday running around looking after last minute tasks before they headed out later that night. She just had time to join me for the Cadet Friends and Family concert. James was piping and it was nice to watch him perform. He really does seem to enjoy playing.



On Friday Greg's mom Lynn arrived to help out. Tristen had a Karate tournament in Stratford (Ontario, not PEI) on Saturday and she was here to transport the other two. So I took advantage of her presence to go out with friends on Friday night. After a lovely dinner of Lebanese food, I joined Nancy and Stu, Robin and Marlene and Tom and Linda for coffee at Tim's.  We didn't plan it to be a long coffee but we ended up sitting around reminiscing for a couple of hours. Great fun!

Saturday morning Tristen and I were up and out of the house early to head to Stratford. He came home with a fourth place trophy for one of his events, so well done T! It was a quick trip back home to his friend's house. There was a birthday party that needed attending, so the rest of the day was pretty quiet. Meg's dance class was cancelled so she and Lynn headed out to Burlington to shop.

Later in the evening she did a makeover on both of us. Lynn had bought some new makeup and needed Meg to give her some tips on applying it. I on the other hand, just sat in for the fun of it. The goats and chicken don't seem to mind what I look like in the morning so long as I arrive with food!


Sunday morning Meg had dance at 8:00 and James had band practice at 10:00.  It was a gorgeous day and since I arrived a bit early to pick him up, I could hear them practicing outside the back of the building. It was a lovely day to sit in the sun and enjoy some music.



Sunday afternoon Tristen wanted to make Monkey Bread. We ran out of time in PEI back in March due to their early weather related departure so we got busy and whipped up some dough.  He did a great job and promptly went to school on Monday and told his teacher that I could come in and make it with his class.





Monday Meg was busy after school working on some costume pieces for a play they are doing at school. We had chicken fingers for supper with some chicken breasts that were in the freezer. Tristen was a big help coating all the chicken after we set up a breading station for him.  A quick bite to eat then James and I were off to Burlington for his first night of Ground School.  He was scheduled to be there from 7:00 to 10:00 so I took advantage of the opportunity to go to Ikea. Haven't been there in years so it was a nice treat. I could have done a lot more damage but I had to keep in mind that I had to get anything I bought home on the plane. I managed to control myself. 

Lynn has an appointment this morning and is then heading home so I'll be on my own till Patti and Greg get back next Monday morning. The two of us spent the past few days cleaning so everything is spic and span when they come back (assuming I can keep it that way for the next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment