Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tuesday, May 9th - it's been a while...

... since I posted anything. Sometimes real life just gets in the way.

Let's see, what's gone on since we last chatted?

I had a great time in Guelph with the kids and had lots of great lunches and dinner with many old friends.

My good friend Nancy invited me and a mutual friend, Marla over for lunch on day. We had a lovely time and a very tasty meal, which is no surprise!




I had lunch with Linda and Joyce (sorry ladies, but I forgot to get a picture of the two of you.). They are both hoping to come back and visit again this summer. Looking forward to it.

I had dinner with my old IAAP friends in Cambridge. They don't see each other as much anymore due to meetings no longer being held so it was a really nice get together for all of them as well.


I went up to Fergus to visit my friend Helen and have lunch at what was once upon a time our favorite pub. It's recently been taken over by a young man that Helen has known for many years, since he was a young boy. They've done a bit of a make over from the previous owners and it's looking great. Best of luck to him in his new venture. They have an interesting menu and I was able to sample Haggis for the first time as it's one of the items available. Helen ordered it and let me have a taste, and I have to say that I quite enjoyed it.


Friday nights, a group of old friends goes out for supper, every week. I had joined them my first Friday night and then again on my second Friday night. The kids were all busy and I would have just been sitting around by myself so I decided to go out. Tristen asked if I was going out with all my old people friends again, and I said I most certainly was!


On Saturday I had invited our friends Fran, Walt, Ken and Katy to Patti's for supper. Fran thought she was being sarcastic a few weeks ago when she emailed me and said she would like to place an order with Wee Bee Catering. She requested Braised Lamb shanks, mashed potatoes, etc. So you can imagine her surprise when I called her and said her order was ready for pick up on Saturday at 6:00 at 222 Summerfield Drive. She said she was only kidding but I told her I'd already purchased the lamb shanks so they better show up!. It was really nice to cook for them again. Hopefully next time I do that, it will be here. Tristen did a short karate demonstration for them and James played them a tune on the pipes. I asked Meg if she would do a little dance and her response was "Oh Grandma, you're so funny!" I took that as a no!



While I was in Guelph I had the pleasure of taking James to Burlington twice for ground school. He seems to be really enjoying it, and it gave me the excuse to visit IKEA while I waited.  We were in Burlington the night Patti and Greg were coming home. We thought they might be home before us, as his class is from 7:00 to 10:00 but we were back home by the time they made it through customs, got their luggage and finally got home. They had a terrific time and got to see some pretty interesting places, but they were glad to be home.

On Tuesday, Patti and I made a quick trip across the border. I wanted to pick up some quilting fabric and it's considerably less expensive there than here, even with the exchange.

Then Wednesday morning it was time to go home. Tristen and James insisted they be woken up to go to the airport with us. So we were on the road by a little after 5:00. My flight didn't leave till 8:00 but the line up at security was very long and by the time I got to the gate, they were boarding. No waiting around this trip!

Fortunately for me, Brenda had an appointment in town so she was able to pick me up at the airport and give me a lift home. 

And what a sight that was. Excavating had been going on the bring the water from the house to the garage kitchen. The entire back yard as well as all behind the garage were dug up. Two large trenches had been dug down four feet deep. Time was of the essence as Lloyd was leaving on Saturday morning to drive to Quebec City.











Fortunately the plumber and the fellow with the bulldozer were both available on Friday so everything was completed underground that needed to be done and the trenches filled back in. I was so grateful for that as we were expecting rain for most of the next week. I could just picture these deep ditches filled with water. But it's all good. At first everything was very soft mud but that's finally starting to firm up and I'm no longer sinking past my ankles to get to the barn.

After multiple days of rain, yesterday was an absolute delight. We had some rain in the morning and them it cleared up and we had sun and 18' weather for the rest of the day. What a treat!

I texted Brenda to see if she was interested in going for a walk after supper. She texted back that I could join them for supper left from Saturday (yes, I was invited over there for the first lobster feed of the season). I helped finish off the left overs in lobster rolls because they really didn't want lobster AGAIN today. Just so glad that I could be of help.

So Lloyd left for Quebec early on Saturday morning. I was planning to go over to Brenda's around 10:00 for a tea, only to discover that I don't have a truck key on my keyring. I must have lost it somewhere but since I rarely use it, didn't notice. Needless to say the only other key was on it's way to Quebec. So he put it in the courier on Monday and I should have it by tomorrow. At least we learned that next time, double check! Brenda has loaned me a vehicle just so I won't be without any wheels but my trips to town can wait till I get the key.


No comments:

Post a Comment