Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday, May 16th - a much quieter week than the last couple have been

After much activity at Patti's it was a much quieter week. Lloyd was away for his rainy week in Quebec City. He met up with two old friends and they managed to have a good time in spite of the weather. It's good that they weren't in the more flood prone areas of the province.

Most of my week was spent out either out in the garage cleaning equipment in the new kitchen or in town putting out cards. I did manage to get into town on Wednesday, after the courier delivered the truck key to me on Tuesday afternoon.

Our weather for most of the week was wet and chilly but was warm and sunny by Friday. Needless to say the goats were sure glad to get outside and get some fresh air and stretch their little legs.  After a great weekend we are back to the cool temperatures and lots of rain. Good news is we should see mid 20' and sunny by Thursday and Friday. Just what I've been waiting for since Lloyd got my Miata out of the garage on Sunday. All I need now is some convertible weather! Bring it on!

Other than that, not a lot to report. We're just about ready for our health inspection to give us approval to opperate.. Just a bit of construction left (some doors to put back on as well as some tiling left) and the final plumbing and gas hookup to be done.

Since it was a rainy day yesterday I took the opportunity to try out some new recipes. I had some pumpkin on hand as well as cranberries. I worked for one I came across for a Pumpkin Cranberry Bread and also some Pumpkin rolls.  I then tried out an unknown recipe for me - a Pork Vindaloo. I don't know what it's supposed to taste like as I'm not a huge fan of curries, but I'm told by someone who knows these things, that it was very good.  Sometimes it pays to just go out on a limb.

Brenda, Meghan and I took advantage of the sun on Sunday to go for a walk. We went down the road to where the tulips are planted to see what stage they are at. Another week will make a huge difference. ( Watch for photos of the progress next week.)  We were pleased with ourselves as I found out that we actually walked 6 km in total. We're getting ready to do another walk across the bridge in June and I need to make sure my feet and legs are ready for our trip to Britain in July!

Speaking of Britain, I was at a local dollar store the other day and saw this one lonely little hat all by itself. It immediately took me back to the days when James was absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. He knew all the trains by name and had loads of Thomas stuff. It was ironic that this one lonely little hat had this name on it. I was tempted to buy it for him to wear on British Rail but I can just feel his eyes rolling!



On the other hand, had he been exposed to bagpipes at a very early age, I suspect it would have looked something like this: https

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxmRBlQaZTA

No comments:

Post a Comment