Monday, June 12, 2017

Tuesday, June 13th - a fast and furious trip to Ontario

I had hoped to post something before I left but that just didn't happen.

I flew out at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning and was greeted by Patti and Tristen in Toronto. After dropping him off at school, at his request, I was back to help do some tidying around the house. Greg's mom and dad were also there doing some renovation work around the house.

Greg had an appointment with the cardiologist in the afternoon and he was given the go ahead to return full time to work and driving again. He's made some substantial lifestyle changes and it's obviously working for him. Well done, Greg.

Thursday evening was the first of three recital performances. Patti and I enjoyed watching it together. (I have photos from the recital prep but just can't find my card reader - will follow later)

Friday was a day for catching up with my old friend Cathy. She was away when I was there in April, so Patti and I joined her for lunch. We were to meet up again that night at the recital as she has a cousin who also dances. My other very good friend Nancy met me there and joined me to watch, as she has for several years. 

Nancy, me and Cathy

Patti and Greg were attending the Black Belt Extravaganza that Tristen was participating in. Nancy and I extended our evening slightly with a glass of wine at a local establishment.

Saturday morning was an early one as James had to be in Georgetown for the highland games before 9:00.  He got there just in time to compete. He was very pleased to place first in his first competition and 5th out of 13 in his second one, so a good day for him.  Patti stayed for a bit then left to attend the final recital and I spent the day at the games. I saw a mass band for the first time and I must say I was mighty impressed. 

When it was almost over, Patti and Tristen arrived to take us back to Guelph.  When we got there we had no real plan for supper. So Patti, Meghan and I went out for a bite to eat, leaving the guys to order pizza. After we returned I took Tristen our for frozen yogurt at one of his favorite places.
Then it was home again and off to bed before getting up at the crack of dawn again to catch the flight home. It was a very busy weekend but a great visit with everyone.

Got home with plenty of time to join Brenda and two other ladies for an enjoyable evening of entertainment as they kicked off this years Festival of Small Halls in beautiful Indian River, always a treat to visit.  


Now it's a new week we're starting to get into full planning mode for our first catering job. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment