Monday, June 19, 2017

Tuesday, June 20th - remember what I said about being careful what you wish for???

Lloyd met up with a fellow on Saturday who owns a touristy grocery store in Cavendish. He sells various baked goods from many folks around the area. He asked Lloyd to bring him a sample of our cookies so he could see the quality, how they were packaged, labeled, etc.
He called me  mid morning to tell me that they liked what they saw and they would like 36 dozen assorted cookies for Monday. Seriously?  Are you kidding? Apparently he wasn't.

I had spent most of the day on Saturday baking stuff for our Canada Day catering event. Two of the meals we're serving require hamburger buns so I'm baking my own. And I have to say I'm quite impressed with the results so far.




I also made cheesecake and chocolate brownies but I'm soon going to run out of freezer space!

 I was meant to go to Bridgefest on Sunday and walk across the bridge with Brenda and Meghan. Needless to say that didn't happen. It was mid afternoon by the time Lloyd got home from town on Saturday and we ended up going back in to pick up some stuff we needed. Sunday morning was full on baking mode. But it went surprisingly well. We still have a bit of learning to do with the ovens to get things just right, but it was all done by mid afternoon. The only glitch was, we ran out of styrofoam trays for packaging so Lloyd picked them up on Monday morning on his way home from work.  The dog had an appointment for a "spa day" so after Lloyd  dropped him off he delivered the cookies. Now we just wait and see if they sell and they order more! We are to call on Wednesday to see if they need more...

Compared to our weekend, the week leading up to it was pretty uneventful. Weather was taking it's time about getting warmer but the good news is the seeds I planted in the pallets are peeking through the ground. By next week I should have some photos where you can actually see the plants. I must say, I'm really liking the idea so far. The weeds really stand out so far and are easy to remove and you have a nice solid wooden frame for kneeling on - something my older knees really appreciate.

And finally I had a special request from a follower in western Canada. Not enough goat pictures! The whole crew is kind of in the dog house, so to speak, this week.  They are totally disrespecting the boundaries that have been set out for them and have no trouble going through the electric fence. Of course, Barney is the exception. He follows whomever is outside, regardless of how much of a shock he might get. But really, how could you stay angry with this little face?



 But the others are apparently not getting enough of a shock either. You know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. In this case it seems to be true.
These are for you, Mike!

Okay, guys, here's what we're going to do...





1 comment:

  1. Yay! Goat pictures!! Thanks Sandy! -Mike

    ReplyDelete