Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday, September 12th - ooops, I did it again!

Once again I have to apologize in the month of September as I missed my son-in-law's birthday - again. I seem to miss it every year. With everything that goes on with the beginning of September I seem to always be late with my best wishes. Well, at least I'm consistent! So, a very  Happy Belated  Birthday. I once got a card from someone that said, I didn't forget your birthday, I just wanted my greetings to be special. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Hope it was a happy one.We're just ever so glad that you're here to celebrate it after the scare you gave us earlier in the year.

Well, the boys made it home. Bernie had a very in depth tour of Newfoundland and had way more food to eat than he would ever want or need. Welcome to Newfoundland, Bernie! They were pretty fortunate to have warm sunny weather for pretty much the whole week, quite uncharacteristic for that part of the Atlantic provinces at this time of year. They met with several of Lloyd's relations and visited some old family spots so it was a great trip for Lloyd as well.

They made it home safe and sound on the boat on Sunday evening. Brenda, Meghan, Will and Amanda rode their bikes across the bridge, toured the sunrise trail and met up with them at the boat. On the way home Lloyd and I stopped and got supper at the local golf course before coming home so he could go to bed as he was working later that night.
On the way to the boat, I saw a sight that put the sunshine into perspective - fall is definitely coming...



I managed to have a relatively productive week while he was away. I had purchased an old washstand last summer and it's been sitting out in the garage since then. I had plans to paint my bathroom and give it a bit of a makeover but it just hadn't happened. So I took the opportunity to tear it all apart while he was gone. Then I could do it in stages over several days and leave the painting mess in place till I was finished. It was a dark beige before and I never liked the colour so I chose a light blue paint for the walls and ceilings. There's a lot of white in that tiny room and it goes quite nicely with the blue. Some new shelves, metal containers to house all the "stuff" and it's now a done deal and I'm pretty happy with it.




In between that and some other re-organizing, I still managed to find time for some fun stuff.

Saturday evening Meghan, Brenda and I went to the Trailside to enjoy a nice meal and some great music. Always a good time there. The rest of the weekend wasn't really great weather so it was a good time for me to work on my painting project.

Then the three of us met in town on Tuesday evening at Fishbones for a beer and a bite to eat. We've been up on their rooftop patio before but it's always been in the evening and it's always been packed. This time it was earlier in the day and later in the year so finding a seat was no problem. It was a lovely evening and we had a table overlooking Victoria Row. A lovely time was had by all.


Thursday was the first day of school here on the island so I invited Brenda over for some snacks and a beverage on Wednesday evening to mark the end of her summer vacation. It was quite a warm day so Pina Colada's  were the order of the day upstairs in the garage.

This week we had the pleasure of attending the open house held by the College of Piping. They have teamed up with Holland College and are now offering courses in Charlottetown at the Prince of Wales Campus. We were treated to a performance by the grade 4 band who came first at the World Competition in Glasgow last month. We wanted to go as Brenda's nephew is an instructor at the college and our friend Jordan was a member of the winning band. Unfortunately neither of them were in attendance.



James and I just missed it - these signs were all over the city

The hardware


 Chris was teaching a class and Jordan was performing somewhere in Ontario.  So we didn't get to chat with either of them. Still, a nice evening, especially as we ended it with a meal at a local restaurant.  All in all a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment