Monday, September 4, 2017

Tuesday, September 5th - Happy Back to School for those affected!

Hard to believe another summer has come to a close. The kids here on the island don't return to school till Thursday but I know other places go back as early as tomorrow.
Brenda's summer vacation is also about to end.

Good luck to Tristen on his first day at Junior High. He'll be able to walk back and forth to school, a real treat for him (and his mom!). Big day for him as well as for his big brother who is entering his final year at Bishop Mac. Meg is back at Centennial for another term. Have a great year everyone.

It was another week of cookies. We had delivered 36 packages of cookies to Cavendish last Monday and on Wednesday they called and asked us to bring another 36. So Wednesday afternoon and evening were spent baking so I could deliver them on Thursday morning. They're gearing up for the last of the season. They expect to be shut down by the 21st of September so that will be it till next year.  I think there were high hopes for the long weekend but in the end the weather turned out to be pretty miserable. Not likely as many people out and about as they had hoped.

Saturday was raining off and on and Monday was pretty much wet all day. Sunday was the only day that was nice. Brenda and Meghan were going for a bike ride but I declined to join them. I was busy painting the kitchen window I took apart a couple of months ago. While I was at it I figured I may as well paint the door frames around the kitchen. They were starting to look pretty worn. Of course now the kitchen needs painting but that was too big a job for me to undertake all by myself. I suppose I might have tried it if Lloyd was going to be away for a couple of weeks, but it's only 10 days.


He and Bernie left bright and early on Friday morning under cool, overcast skies. They were headed to Sidney, N.S. to catch the ferry to Newfoundland. I've talked to Lloyd a couple of times and they made it safe and sound. The first day was a  brutal, long drive in the cold and rain.  With any luck at all, the rest of their week will be better temperatures.




I had the pleasure of accompanying Brenda and Meghan to the Trailside on Saturday night. Good food, good music and god company. Can't go wrong with that, so thanks girls!

We are hoping for some very warm days later in the week. Brenda and I plan on enjoying an outdoor patio in town on one of those days - something we haven't done yet this year.

And lastly, a couple of photos from Fort Augustus - the one in Scotland!




What an absolutely lovely little village.

No comments:

Post a Comment