Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tuesday, January 30 - are we already almost at the end of January?

Another slow winter's week. Our weather continues to be up and down yet again. A week ago we were out in the woods snowshoeing, but this Sunday I went for a walk with my neighbour, Margie, with not a spec of snow and 7' temperatures. Now we're waiting for another winter storm to show up. Although, it's currently 8:20 and nothing is happening yet, except for all the schools closed for the day, Hope it lives up to their expectations. 

Last Thursday Brenda, Meghan and I joined Maureen for dinner in town and then a delightful evening at a PEI Music awards concert. Great food, great music with great friends. Thanks ladies!

Most of the weekend was pretty unproductive for me, although not so much for Lloyd. I worked on some sewing projects in the craft room on Saturday morning while Lloyd worked at making cheese. A trip into town in the afternoon pretty much killed the rest of the day.  Sunday was again a busy one for Lloyd but not so much for me. After he finished cheese, then he moved onto sausage making. I, on the other hand, spent a large part of my Sunday reading a book. I had read most of it and couldn't put it down till I was finished! Isn't that what Sunday's are for?

I attended our needle felting class on Friday afternoon. While the results may not be award winning, it's a really nice way to spend an afternoon, sitting around and chatting while we work. It's a craft you really have to focus on while you work so chatting is all you can do. You wouldn't want to be trying to watch TV while poking that very sharp needle into the fabric. It really hurts when you stab yourself (trust me, I know!).  I've found some pretty amazing needle felted projects on line, and some are absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately mine is not so much. In fact I've torn it out several times. Practice makes perfect I suppose, or at least reasonably acceptable. But then it has only been two classes so...

I'm really behind in my Wee Bee Bookkeeping and I've been putting it off for a storm day. Guess that day is today. Better get to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment