Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February 6th - the roller coaster continues

Okay Mother Nature - please bring on some winter! Our weather has been an insane up and down swing. One day it's +10' and then the next it's -16'. Up and down - we have to keep two sets of outdoor clothes on hand at all times.

Once again a pretty quiet week. The highlights of our week was needle felting on Friday and Craft night at Sharyn's on Sunday. But that's winter for us retired people!
Here's the first two needle felting projects. Quite an interesting old fashioned craft. 


My needle felting projects so far...


 I'm also happy to have time to spend out in my craft room. I'm just playing around with some scraps of fabric I had in  my stash and made some place mats. I also made a table topper for Valentines.

After much back and forth consideration, I decided to go ahead with our Valentines lunch.The invitations are done and some delivered so now I'm at the point of no return!  We have a small catering job a few days before, hence my ambivalence, but really  I have no excuse. However we won't have goats giving birth at the same like we did last year. It did provide the entertainment factor though.

Lloyd is still busy planning his trip at the end of March. He's really looking forward to it. He's got his flights all booked as well as his accommodations.  One of the plans is a home stay, where you actually go and stay with a family. He's really looking forward to that one. Everyone is so surprised when he tells them that he's going by himself and are astounded at that fact. They obviously don't know us very well. Traveling solo is something we're both really good at. Maybe next year we'll go somewhere together. That would be different.

He's been ordering super light weight items to take with him, as he's hoping to travel with just a back pack. It's going to be quite the adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment