Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday, April 17th - Good morning from beautiful Martha's Vineyard

Good Tuesday morning everyone. Hope all is well with everyone. I didn't bring my laptop with me so  it's more difficult to do this with the iPad. I had a great first day on the road. Clear skies and dry roads. Can't ask for more than that. Day two was a little more challenging. I woke up in Freeport to an ice covered car thanks to freezing rain overnight. Fortunately the temperature had risen to 1' so the roads were fine. Trouble was it rained the entire way so not such pleasant driving conditions.

I'm ever so grateful for Bernies advise to take the 495 around Boston. I hadn't realized that the Boston marathon was taking place yesterday so there were lots of police along the highway monitoring the exits into the city. Good place to be avoiding. Anyway long story short, I'm here and weather is supposed to improve somewhat today. Had a great first day. Met an older lady who invited me to join her and a friend at the movies. We saw "Chappaquiddick". It was opening here first before being shown across the country. How great was that to actually be here to see it. More on that at a later date.

I'm going to sign off for now and hopefully find a real computer I can use at some point later. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment