Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday, March - hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day

What a crazy busy week we had.

Thursday night I arrived at the VanGaals to make supper as per our usual plan. Things were well underway once Brenda got home from work. This week we had Chicken Picatta - basically a boneless skinless chicken breast breaded and served with some angel hair paIsta and a lemon cream sauce.

I left early on Friday morning to meet up with our friends Mike and Willow for breakfast at the Culinary Institute. Then it was quickly back out to the country to make my phyllo tarts to take to our basket weaving open house.

We've all finished our 3 baskets and now it was time to display our talents to the rest of the community. A representative from the government was on hand as well. We had a lovely and impressive display of baskets and an even more lovely and impressive display of treats!



I stayed out in Fort Augustus on Friday as Brenda and Bernie were leaving early on Saturday morning. Meghan came out from town and brought pizza from town that I was happy to share with her and Ethan, Will and Amanda and of course, their parents.

I woke up early on Saturday morning while they were getting ready to leave, but I was able to go back to bed. After a little bit of drama. they arrived with their friends John and Janet, in New Orleans. I hope they enjoy it as much as I did many years ago.

I headed into town at 8:45 on Saturday morning as James was flying over from Halifax. His flight was supposed to land at 9:01 but due to heavy fog in both Halifax and Charlottetown his flight was rescheduled many times. Eventually he arrived at 11:45. After some lunch we headed over to the Inn to move our stuff out. I had previously packed up a lot of stuff and and he helped me bring it all downstairs and pack it into the car.

It was mild with light drizzle when we headed over to Patti Lane. We packed some of the boxes of stuff that we won't need until we finally move, into the storage trailer. The rest we brought over to Brenda's. There's still some sorting to do but I have all week.

We had picked up some chicken for supper and the rest of my week. We spend some time cooking together. I showed him how to cut up a whole chicken, and several ways to cook chicken pieces. We also did a little bit of knife skills.

We then went back in to town to see a movie - They Shall Not Grow Old. It was a really interesting documentary about world war 1. Needless to say, James really enjoyed it.

Sunday morning we headed into town to the Old Dublin Pub for their St. Patrick's Day charity breakfast. Another pub had a line outside waiting to get in, at 9:00 in the morning. The Dublin was not quite that busy but was bustling just the same. We invited a friend of ours to join us. Eric had an uncle who was killed in the war and he's been invited to travel to Scotland in April for a memorial ceremony. I knew that James would enjoy talking history with Eric and I think they both enjoyed their chat.

Live music at breakfast

After breakfast we took a drive out to Wheatley River.  James had a really quick tour of the winery  before we left them to get all their work done before they go away next week. 

Then it was off to Iona so James could tour our mini home,  picked up some food for Cooper and stopped in at Rosa's for a visit with all of them. While we were touring around, we received a text inviting us to the Duffy's for Irish Stew. Great way to end a St. Partick's Day.

James was flying out at 8:00 so I dropped him at the airport at 7:00. I stayed in town until I knew he was on his way. I went back to the Inn and finished packing up the last bits of stuff, while I waited.

Monday morning was a slow morning but I went into town around 11:00.  I finished packing up the rest of our stuff and tidied up and vacuumed before I left for the last time.

For the first time, I'm truly feeling homeless. Even though thanks to the kindness of friends I have a place to stay but I still feel a little uncentred. I'm assuming that after a good nights sleep I'll feel better. I have a whole week here then I'm  out to Wheatley River for a month. I'm hoping this next move will be the second last one. Weight restrictions are in place on our roads so nothing will be happening until those are lifted. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I know it will all work out in the end but I can't wait for it all to fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment