Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday, December 10th - everyone made it safely home

It's currently -4' at 5:15 am. The weather forecast according to the internet is looking a little wonky. It's showing us gradually getting warmer throughout the next 24 hours with it going up to 9' overnight and 10' by morning but at the same time it's also saying we could get between 15 and 20 mm of rain and up  5 to 10 cm of snow. Not sure how that's possible with 9' temperatures so it looks like the next 24 hours are anybodies guess!

Fairly productive weekend. Friday evening we had a dinner at the Rec Centre but we were finished by 9:00 followed by tea at Brenda's before heading home. Saturday morning I worked but left at 1:00. I had a couple of stops to make on the way home and had to get ready for the Christmas Party and back into town by 6:00. I finished off the last of my Christmas cards and got those in the mail on my way home so I'm pretty happy about that.

The party went well although I'm actually glad that Lloyd wasn't here to go with me. It was a very noisy space so he would have had to turn off his hearing aids, so it would have been impossible for him to carry on any kind of conversation with anyone. After dinner there was a bit of a trivia contest. Our team didn't win but we finished a respectable third so that was okay as well. The meal was a buffet and it was pretty good. I sat with Mike (from the parts department) and his wife Willow, along with two other couples. It was a pleasant evening and I was home by 10:45.

Sunday was also not so bad. I baked my fruit cake, two cherry loaves and some gumdrop cookies. I'll try to baked a few more batches of cookies through out the week. I figure if I get one done per night I should be in pretty good shape by the time the family gets here.  I also got out the rest of the Christmas decorations that are now piled in boxes in the living room. That will also be one of my jobs this week - to sort through those, check the lights, etc in preparation for decorating the tree on Christmas eve.





Last weekend Brenda and I went into the woods in search of greenery and whatever else we could find to make an outdoor arrangement. It's amazing what you can find when you look at dead foliage with a different attitude. Here's the results of my efforts.
The bucket everything is in, is inside a PEI Rutabaga burlap sack, courtesy of the Van Gaals.



I received a call from Brenda yesterday afternoon telling me they were in Hartland NB and wondering where Lloyd and Frank were. I called Lloyd but they were about an hour away from there so that wasn't going to happen. No travelling together this time. He expected they should be home around 11:00 but it was about 11:45 by the time I heard the car roll into the driveway. They still made pretty good time driving. I'll get details of the trip later on this morning. Hopefully the weather will be just as cooperative when Patti and I drive down in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Your arrangement looks great Sandy!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete