Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday, December 3rd - back to rain

It's 8' this morning and raining. We will see the rain end this afternoon but the temperature will go down to 4' later. Needless to say there is very little remaining of our weekend snow. Saturday morning it was snowing when I got up and by the time I left at 8:00 the roads were quite snow covered. There was quite a bit on the ground but I bravely broke the trail into the Van Gaal residence before heading into town. I had a couple of things to drop off and wasn't it just my good fortune that there was hot coffee and warm cinnamon rolls upon my arrival. Does it get any better on a snowy morning?  I think not! Of course, when I got to town the sun was shining and there was virtually no snow on the ground. Figures.

After work I did a couple of errands in town then headed home. It was a very quiet day at work so I was able to complete most of my Christmas cards. I was missing a few addresses as they were in my long gone Blackberry, so an email to a few people has resulted in the remaining addresses being received throughout the weekend. Now I can get my cards done and in the mail. Cross that one off the list.

The list is one I made on Saturday  of all the things I would like to, or need to finish before I leave on the 19th. I have to admit some of them are things that have needed doing for a couple of year but I'm going to do my best to complete as many items as possible. For instance, the closet in the mud room has been a dumping ground for quite some time and now with Lloyd here, we have a lot more shoes and boots than before. What to do with them all. Some were put away for the winter, such as sandals, but I spent the time to empty out the closet and now the boots are all in there. Amazing how much space you have when you use it efficiently (or at least as it was meant to be used!). A lot of the things on my list are like that - take time to accomplish but on the surface you won't notice a thing but it will make life a little less complicated.

So the bulk of my weekend was doing just that - slowly working my way through the jobs. There are still lots to do but I'm hoping to have the majority of them done by the end of the week. I've taken some of the tasks and assigned them each to a night of the week so that I can do one job a night instead of stressing over what to do next. Break it down into little pieces will make the list much more manageable.  So I'm feeling quite good about the weekend in spite of the fact it was short. I did manage to enjoy myself a little. Some wine and nachos with Brenda on Saturday night and on Sunday a trip to the woods to gather some vegetation to put into our Christmas greenery.  I need to find something to put mine into so that's my goal for lunchtime today.  We found all sorts of things that will make our displays  a little more interesting. It's really quite remarkable what's out there when you really look. I took the dog with me and he really enjoyed his romp through the fields. Although at one point he wandered off and then couldn't find us. We don't have to worry about him ever getting lost in the woods because he began his howling like a wolf  routine he does whenever you leave him alone. This time it continued on until I called him and he could follow the sound of my voice repeatedly shouting his name. After a couple of minutes he came bounding down the lane. What a dog. He happily spent the afternoon at home in front of the wood stove picking at the snowballs that were stuck to the long hair on his feet.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working away before sitting down to watch a movie I had taped a while ago.  All in all, a pretty productive weekend. Of course it's also keeping me busy till Lloyd gets back. They had a good trip to Toronto and all went well. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the trip back. Looking ahead to the rest of the week, we should see increasingly milder days with maybe some rain. But that's days away so we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment