Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday, October 6th - Our Indian Summer seems to be back

After a fairly cold, damp week, the weather has once again turned and we're enjoying some very nice sunny days indeed.

Friday was our first evening of "Capture the Queen of Hearts".  We had approximately 50 people out so we were pretty pleased with the initial turn out. Trivia went well and we think everyone enjoyed themselves. We'll see if numbers increase this week.

Saturday morning was just one more damp dreary day when I got up to get ready for work. It wasn't predicted to get much better so I went out to the wood shed and brought in an armful of wood. Before I left the house, I had a nice warm fire going in the wood stove. I always love the smell and warmth of the first fire of the season. When Lloyd gets home from work in the mornings he goes out and feeds the pigs before coming into the house. I just knew that he'd really appreciate having a nice warm kitchen to come into when he was done, and I was right.

It was a pretty quiet weekend. Tania,  who was to come for dinner with her husband James, last weekend, dropped in for a visit with their little boy Luca. He's the cutest little thing and a ball of energy, that only a 15 month old can be.  They stayed for a bit and then were off. We've been invited  to join them for lunch on Thanksgiving Day so we're really looking forward to that. After Tania and Luca left, we had a very simple supper and a nice quiet evening watching a movie on TV. 

Sunday promised to be a bit better and it really was. After lunch it was nice enough to take the little car out for a spin, perhaps one of the last of the season.  Lloyd was gone fishing with our neighbour Frank, so I picked Brenda up and she and I headed into town to Farm Day in the City. It was a wee bit cool but with a jacket, the heater on and the side windows up, we were just fine. The flower beds in town were especially beautiful now that everything has filled in so nicely and everything looks so lush.




After touring around the event, we headed over to Victoria Row and enjoyed something to eat at John Browns, before heading back out to the country.




Monday was very cold in the morning, so much so, that there was ice on my windshield!  Not a great way to start a Monday morning.  But it soon warmed up and turned out to be another one of those unseasonably nice days. 

Last night I went upstairs to find some shoes, and I happened to look out the back window to see a truly spectacular sunset. If the old adage is correct, about red sky at night, sailors delight, then today should be another spectacular day.



Tonight Brenda is teaching her home made bread to a group at Community School. I  have 2 students in my class so it's not extremely difficult to keep everyone under control and occupied!
If I didn't have my own students, I'd sit in on her class. They'll drive everyone crazy with the smell of fresh baked bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment