Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday, March 20th - very busy week for a change

Remember the days when things around here were crazy busy sometimes? This week felt a little like that.

Wednesday, I enjoyed attending a luncheon at the Confed Centre. The featured guest was our neighbour Margie. Her book of stories has been made into a play that will be part of the summer line up this year. Can't wait to see it. I heard about this event a week or so ago and thought it was only appropriate that I attend to support my friend.  It was a lovely time chatting with other ladies at my table and hearing about the upcoming production, not to mention a delicious lunch.



Thursday was another busy day. I worked in town in the morning and then got back in time for a make up class of our felting course - last day before our open house.

Friday was finally our big day. We all carted our projects over to the Shamrock Club and set them up for friends and family to admire. I was really impressed with what we had all accomplished in a short eight weeks.


My works of  "art"




 I was happy with my work but I guess I have to up my game a little 😄.  Another member of the class did a picture of a tree that Lloyd fell in love with. So much so, that he convinced her to sell it to him.  We all gave her the gears later about the fact that she was now a paid artist!

Friday evening we had the pleasure of the VanGaals company for supper.  We thought we should get together before everyone heads off in different directions for vacations - Lloyd to the far east, me to Martha's Vineyard and the VanGaals to Arizona.  I'm sure there will be lots of stories to share once we all get back!

Saturday was a day in town. We've been looking at flooring for the kitchen. We visited a few places and brought home some samples to see how they look in the kitchen. After some discussion I think we may have found what we're looking for.

 After we got home I headed out again. I picked Brenda up and we met Meghan in town. We put some wine on to brew at the wine store and then headed out for a beer at a local Irish pub. It was a very cold day and we had to wait outside in line to get in but we did eventually reach our destination.

"Happy St Paddy's Day"


A couple of celebs from our local radio station

We got our drinks and stood around for a bit enjoying the music and chatting with people, but eventually we wanted something to eat. There was very little hope of getting a table there, so we headed down the street to our next destination.

Outside the Hopyard - (this one is for James!)


We had to wait a few minutes for a table but at least we could enjoy a drink at the bar while we waited.

You gotta love a restaurant with some of my favorite pictures on the walls!

After a great meal, we all headed off  home.

Sunday was another busy day. We had invited our friends Jens and Linda over for supper. We hadn't had them over since Christmas so we were overdue for a visit.

All in all a really great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment