Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday, March 27th - and I thought last week was busy!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here and it's not going to stop for a few days.

Last week I worked on cards on Tuesday and Wednesday, in anticipation of a big snow storm on Thursday. Good thing I did. While the storm wasn't as bad as some in the past, it was still enough to cancel most things on the island. Lloyd didn't get to work that night as our road was blocked and he wouldn't have gotten into town. First real snow day of the season and we had to wait till the middle of March to get it!
But looking back, this isn't snow...




... this is snow - remember back to March 2015???   We really have nothing to complain about ☺




Unfortunately we did have a storm related casualty. The cap on the back of Lloyd's truck was blown off and smashed on the ground. While we did have insurance coverage that might have replaced it, because of the age and such, by the time it was depreciated and then the deductible applied, it wasn't worth putting in a claim. Too bad. Now we'll have to try to find a used one to replace the used one...
One bright spot in the 'storm' was the tulips that Brenda had brought last weekend. They were still quite lovely and a constant reminder that Spring is coming...






While it was messy for a while, it wasn't long lived and by the next day things were moving well again.  The weekend was busy with Lloyd getting some of his projects finished up before he leaves. He's been working on bird houses and bat houses and wanted to have them up before he left. There are 6 (I think)  bird houses around the yard and two bat houses - one on the house and one on the garage. Hopefully we might see some bats this year. Apparently after several years of decline, they are slowly making a comeback. That would be awesome in keeping the mosquito population at bay somewhat, hopefully.

He's all packed and ready to go, only one more sleep. I had been asked to work out at our friends winery on Tuesday and Wednesday, bottling wine. These are usually fairly long days. Unfortunately I'd  forgotten that he was leaving on Wednesday so I wouldn't be able to drive him to the airport. Our neighbour kindly agreed to drop him off. Luckily the winery had a slight change in plans and called me on Monday night to advise we would only be bottling on Tuesday this week! Great news. Now I could drive him, shop for a catering job on Thursday, and visit a friends house for tea and to see her collection of quilts.  Everything happens for a reason. There was a reason Charles had some delays in his filtering. Made all my plans nicely fall into place.


Another friend of ours has a commercial client in town that he wanted to bring lunch in to. He was going to order pizza's but then he thought of us. So we I am taking lunch into town for 15 people on Thursday.  Lloyd is just dodging that bullet!

He'll be in Guelph on Wednesday afternoon and going out with the guys on Wednesday night. By lunch time on Thursday he'll be getting ready for his flight to Korea. He's starting to get pretty excited about his adventure.  Each day closer makes it harder to focus on the task at hand. Fortunately he has most things under control so it's all good. I had a small list of things I needed him to do for me before he left but those are all completed.

It's going to be pretty quiet around here. Brenda and Bernie are in Arizona at the present time and Patti and her gang are in Florida, although James will be home by Wednesday. He's coming home early as he has a piping competition in Toronto on the weekend. The good news is he can be the designated driver when Lloyd and him go out with the guys on Wednesday night.  Thank you James!

Cooper and I will have some nice quiet time together, just like in the old days. I'll have lots of card work to do next week with the changeover from Easter to Mother's Day, etc, so I'll have much to keep me busy. I'm also working on a quilting project so that will also fill in some of the time quite nicely. Then it will be time for me to prepare for my trip, which has since been extended. I'm now returning from Massachusetts via Guelph. I know it's not exactly on the way but very doable. I'm staying overnight with a friend from way back who now lives in Albany, New York. That will nicely break up the trip and allow me to catch up with some old friends. Then I have some visiting I'd like to do in Guelph and area. This time Patti will be working most days but I'll have my own car so I'll be able to get out to see lots more old friends.

Hopefully by the end of April we'll have seen the last of the snow????



No comments:

Post a Comment