Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday, November 2 - sorry but I couldn't help bragging!

What can I say? Yesterday was the first day of November and it was sunny and 18' when I went out for lunch at 1:30. The sun was streaming in the windows at work and I just had to send a picture to Patti.
The view from my desk





 It was quite chilly in southern Ontario yesterday but needless to say she was wasn't impressed!  But she'll be happy to hear that it did start bucketing down rain later in the afternoon, although it did stay mild.
This morning it's still a mild 12' but it just starting sprinkling rain and it's not going any higher so this is as good as it's going to get today.




The "Red Coat" is in the top right corner.
James went as a British Soldier from the War of 1812.



On Wednesday I spent the early morning listening to the radio station in Guelph broadcasting from James' school. They posted a photo of all the kids on their website and I was able to locate James. But I'm waiting for a better picture of his costume. It looks like his mom did an amazing job with it.
Halloween here was pretty quiet. It was the first time in four Halloween's that I've actually been home but we only had one trick or treater. Brenda had seven. Perhaps if I put out a jack-o-lantern we might get more but I highly doubt it. We're just a little too far off the beaten path I guess.







Last night I met Brenda in town and we went out for dinner and a movie. We tried out a new place that just opened in town. It's right beside the Olive Oil place on Queen Street and it's called Terre Rouge. It's a market and a bistro. The front is the market with various kinds of cheeses and sausages and sweets. There are hot items in individual containers as well as cold ones you could warm up when you got home. They have  a gellato counter and some interesting preserves for sale.










The bistro part has the menu written on huge blackboards on the walls and there are some pretty interesting items there. We each ordered a sandwich that came with a small salad. They were both very good. We'll definitely be trying this spot again, and I know Lloyd will want to check it out.

After dinner a short walk in the rain to the cinema and a movie. All in all, a great evening, so thanks Brenda, for making that suggestion!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for the picture that Patty sent to you of herself.

    ReplyDelete