Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, February 4th -the snow has finally arrived

It's a little late for the Christmas guests, but snow has finally arrived. We were supposed to receive upwards of 30 cm but I don't think that's the case. This morning it's looking more like about 10 cm. They are also predicting very strong winds but so far it's very calm outside. It's going to have to pick up quite a bit in a hurry if it's going to be any kind of snow day. At this point I suspect I will be going to work. On Saturday everyone at work was predicting it might be a snow day on Monday, but now it's not looking like it - but who knows.

It was a pretty quiet and relaxing weekend. I worked on Saturday then spent some time poking around at the Zellers store that's closing soon. Each week the remaining merchandise comes down in price a little more, so you just never know what bargains you might find. Then a quick trip to the grocery store for some basics and I was surprised to find that it was after 4:00 when I got home.  I had a snack when I got home as I hadn't had any lunch so I really wasn't hungry when it was supper time. Lloyd had checked the VanGaals house earlier and found that the heat was off. We went over after supper to see if we could get the wood furnace going, but young Will was home by that time.  He had everything under control so we dropped off a cake for them to enjoy with their tea when they got home later.  On our way home we made a trip out to a local golf course that has a restaurant that stays open all year. We popped in their for some wings and beer before heading back home.

Sunday morning was a quiet one and unlike the previous two Sundays, we were't expecting any company. It started snowing lightly in the morning and continued that way throughout the day.  Lloyd was in a cooking mood and had a new recipe he wanted to try out so I was ordered out of 'his' kitchen. Fine by me. I finished a book I had been reading then I spent the rest of the day getting things set up better in the craft room. I set up the cricut, the lap top and the colour printer so now we are ready to Scrapbook. In fact it was so ready that I spent the afternoon finishing the book I'd been working on.  Then after some searching, I found the pictures I'd gotten printed from our trip to Tucson in 2010. That will be my next project.

The VanGaals came over for a visit a little after 6:00 and we enjoyed some snacks and a couple of drinks with them and heard all about their trip. They even brought gifts so that was also extremely nice of them.  All in all a very relaxing weekend - for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment