Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, July 5th - more hot and humid weather on the way

It's 5:16 am and the temperature is 20' but feels more like 26'. We should reach a high later on of 28' that will seem more like 35'.  What wonderful weather if you're on holidays. Yesterday would have been the perfect beach day. We have a chance of maybe receiving up to a mm of rain today and with the humidity there is always a risk of a thunder shower. We might see that later as well.

In spite of the heat, progress is being made on the garage. The sides and lower part of the back are now covered in siding. Today Lloyd has to go into town to finalize the measurements for the large door so he can put the siding on the front. He's had someone to help him this week so that's been great.




Progress is being made!

I've been working at cutting the grass in the evenings, although I didn't do any last night. Lloyd was on the lawn mower when I got home from work and something broke, so until he gets it fixed, I'm out of luck on that one. Hopefully tonight I can do some more. We may be having company from Cape Breton on the weekend at some point, so it would be nice to have it all trim and tidy.

We put the dining tent up outside with the picnic table in it and have eaten our supper there the past two nights. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is eat outside and now we can, without the company of all the mosquitoes. I also took down the tent that James and I slept in while he was here.  I didn't want to kill the grass underneath. It was very easy to put up and very roomy for the two of us.

"Camp Pisquid" 

Speaking of James, here's your update on the chicks. More feathers are coming in each day and before we know it they will be outside pecking in the dirt and enjoying themselves.  Yesterday was very hot and you could tell they really felt the heat. The slightly cooler temperature over night should help.

"Chicken Nugget" seems to be feathering in quite nicely (or is this "Mary Brown"?)


Brenda and the girls are enjoying themselves out west.  Touring wineries seems to be going well.

How come they're all still full???
One of the wineries they visited was Mission Hill. I've never been but I've seen a couple of programs on TV about it and would love to visit one day.  But then again, I've never met a winery I didn't like, so this one would be no different.

"Mission Hill"
It sounds like they've had some pretty amazing experiences and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it when she gets home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment