Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday, July 10 - the heat's returning again

It was a really pleasant day yesterday - 24' without the humidity. This morning is still a pleasant 16' but this afternoon we're heading for a high of 24' that's going to feel more like 28'.

Brenda was supposed to arrive home yesterday afternoon but unfortunately her flight was cancelled so she won't get in until today. We figure it's because of the flooding in Toronto on Monday. Over 90 mm of rain fell between 6:00 and 8:00 pm creating a bit of havoc in places. I read that 126 mm fell at the airport and power was knocked out in a very large area of the GTA and Mississauga. I suspect that may have factored into her plane not arriving in Edmonton from Toronto on Monday evening.




I lived in southern Ontario pretty much my whole life and I never saw anything like that. The photos are a little dramatic but certainly nothing like the folks out west have had to deal with, but certainly a disruption just the same.

So she gets home tonight, and Bernie left this morning - well actually not yet but I suspect they are just getting ready to board the plane in Charlottetown. He's flying out to Bakersfield, California to pick up a piece of equipment and bring it back to the island.  He'll be back sometime next week so in some ways I suppose, Brenda's vacation continues!

It's been a quiet couple of days out here. Not much going on. Progress continues to be made on the garage and help is coming today so the front should be sided by the time I get home tonight. The balcony will take a little longer because I've requested some special treatment on the walls up there. Stay tuned for that. In the meantime hopefully the outside walls will all be done by the end of the day.


 It's been a long process and there's still much to do but it's slowly getting there.  I'm looking forward to when Lloyd gets the drywall put up inside the top. I'm going to do the taping and mudding of the seams. It won't be perfect but at least I'll feel like I helped in some small way. That way he can continue on with other parts of the project. Besides he hates that part of the job so I'm going to give it my best effort.

The chickens continue to grow and will need to be moved to larger quarters very soon.

Supper time!






No comments:

Post a Comment