Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday, April 17th - Finally back from sunny BC!

 After a few warm and sunny days it's a  refreshing chilly -6 (that actually feels more like -12) here on the island at the eastern side of the country! But it should at least get above freezing and reach 2' in the sun.

Great weekend in the sunshine!(and home just in time for another long weekend!) Last Friday was a pretty low key day. We took a drive to the local grocery store to pick up a few things and a couple of bottles of wine from the liquor store and we were set. We pretty much spent the weekend out on that porch just sitting and talking.
"The Cottage" that we stayed in, part of a local motel

We did go for a short visit to the waterfront on Saturday and a quick tour through Chinatown on Sunday but that was the extent of our touring. Mostly we just sat and talked and caught up on the last 30+ years.

Flowers were in full bloom everywhere


A bustling waterfront on a Saturday afternoon

The hotel overlooking the waterfront that Patti stays in while in Victoria

Blossoms everywhere


 Then all too soon it was time to come home. I caught the early flight from Victoria to Toronto and was picked up by Patti at  the airport and whisked off to Guelph just in time to pick up the kids as school. My friend Nancy dropped in with  treats from Saunders Bakery, and we enjoyed a nice visit with her. Before we knew it the time had come for Patti to take me back to the airport. I was catching the 9:00 flight and after a few glitches with gates and so on I was grateful to finally get a seat, arriving in Charlottetown a little after midnight.  By the time I located my car, which had been dropped off for me, and stopped in to see Lloyd at work for a few minutes, it was precisely 1:30 am on Wednesday morning when I walked in the door. I think it was likely 1:32 when I went to bed!  After a short nights sleep it was up and back to work. Good thing I had lots to do to keep my busy. I think in the early afternoon I would have had a hard time staying away if I wasn't busy.
Home last night and back to our usual routine, supper, then Lloyd off to bed. I did a couple of things before heading off myself for a good nights sleep. I think I'm caught up now. With any luck, James will be arriving sometime today and we'll all be together for the long weekend. When Lloyd comes home this morning, he's off now until midnight on Monday night.
Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment