Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday, August 22nd - the world just got WAY smaller!

Conditions at 7:50 am - overcast and 17'
Expected later: 20' that will feel like 23' with a mix of sun and cloud - a perfect day!

Yet, I have to admit I slept late this morning. Our friends from Ontario arrived last night. I met them in Cornwall and they followed me home, arriving around 8:30.  Lloyd and I were talking on Sunday and I was a little apprehensive about their visit. I've met 'Tiny' several times at the Guelph airport but I really don't know him at all. I've met his wife Bev, exactly once, 5 years ago.

Well, you will not believe what happened! It turns out we went to the same high school just one year apart. She was in the grade below me so we know a LOT of the same people and teachers. It got really weird when she mentioned that they went on a school trip to Washington, D.C. I suggested this was the trip where the police came to our teachers shortly after our arrival and told our teachers that if they wished to have the same number of students going home, they'd better get us to heck out of the hotel we were in and moved to another part of the city! Turns out we were both on the same trip! And yet, neither of us knows the other's name. 

Needless to say, we spent the evening talking about the 'good old days' that we shared - but not really. How freaky is that?  Patti G. (not from Orangeville)  will love that story.

Tiny got the trailer all set up and leveled and I got the guided tour. Oh my gosh, what a piece of equipment! It puts most of the houses I've ever lived in to shame. It's absolutely gorgeous inside.  I didn't tell them when I go camping I sleep in a tent!

It was a great, but very late evening. We had some snacks and a couple of drinks and it was after 11:00.  Might as well wait up for Lloyd who was working the 4 to midnight shift. . I called him at 11:50 and he was on his way home. So we had a very short visit before we all headed off to bed.

Bev and Tiny were both just as apprehensive about this visit as I was. Needless to say, that is not the case anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment