Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday, August 11th - a quiet weekend all round

Conditions at 5:30 am: 16' - made for some great sleeping weather!
Expected later: 21' that may feel more like 24' and chance of showers throughout the day

It was a very weird weekend weather wise. After weeks of hot humid weather, we were finally treated to a bit of coolish weather. I met Brenda and Bernie downtown on Friday evening after work on Victoria Row. I was able to secure a table outside but it was a little iffy as to whether or not it might be too cool or windy to sit outside. Because it's somewhat sheltered where we were sitting, it really wasn't so bad. I had a light jacket with me and I was glad I did even though the sun was shining. After a quick supper, we were joined by Brenda's cousin and his wife. We all walked down to the waterfront to the Celebration Zone to take in some music.  It was B.C. week so we weren't really familiar with the musicians playing but a large crowd was on hand just the same. We were fortunate to secure a spot inside the tent after a while and Brenda was able to wrangle a stool for Bernie. I was tired after a long week so I left around 9:00. A quick stop at the store on my way home and when I came out it was raining ever so slightly. Got away in the nick of time.

Saturday I was fortunate to not have to work as I'm doing the next two Saturdays.  I puttered around inside the house for the morning, then had a wee nap in the afternoon. We had a wedding at the Rec Centre that night so that took up most of the later afternoon and all of the evening. In spite of the high number of guests, we were all done and sitting down to a drink at 9:30.

Sunday morning was going to perhaps be a kayaking day but unfortunately Mother Nature didn't cooperate. It felt more like a late September day. It wasn't so cold but it rained off and on,  in between little burst of sun. Brenda called after church to suggest that they were having blueberry pancakes, made with fresh blueberries Brenda had picked the day before. Now seriously, how could one refuse an invitation like that?  So off I went in my lounging around attire and feasted on breakfast.  While I was there, the suggestion was made that perhaps we could take in a movie. I hadn't heard of "The One Hundred Yard Walk" but it sounded good. I went home and put on clothes suitable for wearing into town, and came back and picked Brenda up. It actually turned out to be a very entertaining movie. On our way home we stopped at Dominoes and picked up a pizza and some cheesy bread and supper was ready! Fortunately I had my trusty pizza carry out bag in the car to keep it warm till we got home.

And that pretty much wrapped up the whole weekend. Not a terribly productive one but a weekend just the same.

Lloyd's been blessed with perfect weather up in Ontario so he's been getting some flying done. He's also gotten his final inspection done on the plane so is hoping to have that all finalized today. He plans to be home sometime tomorrow. He's flying back this time. After some mechanical problems with the bike, he's decided to leave it up there and then fly back in September and pick it up. Didn't turn out quite as he'd hoped but Patti has been very generous in letting him use her vehicle  when she's not needing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment