Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday, August 29th - bring on the long weekend!

Conditions at: Over cast and 13' but the strong winds make it feel more like 11'
Expected later: After some more showers this morning, we should reach a sunny high of 17' this afternoon

Our hot humid weather has finally turned to slightly cooler temperatures. We had on and off again rain most of the day yesterday. It certainly makes for much better sleeping weather. With any luck we'll get some sun on the weekend.

I talked with Meghan(2) via facetime on Wednesday, her birthday. They had just returned from a trip to Niagara Falls, Ontario,  to shop for back to school clothes. How perfect for Patti that she can turn a necessary shopping trip into a birthday event!  Meg was ever so excited to show me all the new things she had for starting school next week. She called me back when they were having dessert. It was an ice cream cake complete with tea lights for candles! . I sang Happy Birthday along with everyone and thought I was doing a marvelous job until they all started laughing. Turns out they could hear me but with the delay I was slightly behind all of them. I imagine it sounded pretty funny from their end.

Patti had returned from Paris earlier and she emailed me with a funny story. After my meeting up with Bev last Thursday, having  gone to the same school, but not knowing each other, Patti had a very similar experience. She was still on the plane after  they landed in Toronto when some maintenance crew came onboard. One of them asked her if she went to Mayfield Secondary. Turns out they had gone at the same time as well, but they didn't know each other very well. The world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Last night we all went out for supper to Peakes Tee. Lloyd went home from there and Tiny and Bev and I headed out to Pooles Corner to the kaylee hall. I thought they might enjoy some local entertainment. Unfortunately the.venue was sold out when we got there so we had to come up with another plan. We took a drive into Montague where it was pretty quiet although we did stop at Christmas Discounters for a tour around. Then it was back home. A bit of a downer to our planned evening, but that's okay. We pulled out some old pictures of the bunky so our guests could see what it once looked like, then some of us called it a night.

I understand the traffic was pretty busy in town yesterday as the tall ships have come in as part of the 2014 celebrations. I hope we get the chance to go in to see them before they leave. I see that Ron James is performing on Sunday evening from 7:00 to 8:00 at the celebration zone. We may take that in but it will all depend on the weather. Not a big fan of standing out in the rain and the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment