Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday, September 2nd - a belated Happy Birthday to Tristen!

Conditions at 8:15 am:  15' and overcast
Expected later:  23' and maybe some sun that could feel like 31

It was a busy weekend and I completely missed the fact that yesterday was Monday! A big Happy Birthday to 9 year old Tristen, although I did actually talk to him yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner at the Mandarin! 

It was a very busy few days as our guests were still enjoying our island hospitality. Saturday morning, after Lloyd got home and we all had breakfast, Bev and Tiny and I went for a drive while Lloyd caught up on his sleep. We toured around through Belfast and the Mini Mills, then out to Point Prim, Murry River and then back through Montague before heading home. I was working at the Rec Centre on Saturday evening so made something to eat for everyone before I left.  Saturday evening was the Shania Twain concert in town so it was a good day to stay away from the city.

Sunday morning was another lazy kind of day.  After breakfast and several coffees, Bev and I headed into town to do a bit of shopping. She wanted to stock up on supplies for the trailer before their departure on Monday morning. We toured around down at the waterfront, up Queen Street and then off to the grocery store before heading home. It was overcast but we didn't get any rain so that was a good thing. After supper on Sunday it was a relaxing evening of Netflix (and a good book for me!)

During the night, it poured rain so it was a wet beginning to holiday Monday. After breakfast Bev and Tiny got packed up and Lloyd helped get the trailer hooked up to the truck. Unfortunately one of the ferries was out of commission so we had no idea how long it would be till they could get a boat to the other side. Tiny called around lunch time to advise they were in line but there were over 100 reservations in front of them so it was going to be a while. Lloyd had told them if they didn't get on to come back but they told me on the phone they might head for the bridge. I was half expecting them to arrive back in the yard before bed time but they must have gotten somewhere they could spend the night. Hopefully so. I'll call them later this morning and find out just where they landed.

Today is the first day of school in Ontario. James is off to High School, Meg at Junior High and Tristen is the only one left at Montessori. I talked with Meg yesterday and she's a little apprehensive about the first day but also excited. She was happy to show me the new clothes she plans to wear on the first day. I told her I'd facetime her this evening to see how it all went.  I have no doubt she'll find her way as will her brother on his first day in Grade 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment