Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday September 19th - a chilly one this morning

Conditions at 5:45 am: 5' that's feeling a little more like 2'
Expected later: sun and a high of 10' (although the radio is saying 13') - either way, a cool but pleasant day
But they're promising a warm and sunny day on Sunday - those of us with motorcycles in our garages are really hoping that's true.

I expected it to be cold in the house this morning but it's actually quite comfortable. It was very warm yesterday and the old place seems to have held on to some of that warmth. That's a good thing. Of courses it's not windy out, so that makes a huge difference. It's likely a good thing we covered the garden last night but a check of the car roof this morning reveals no frost - yet.

Not a lot going on the past couple of days. I've become addicted - once again - to a series on Netflix and am quickly working my way through it. Fortunately there's only two seasons and I'm over half way through the second one. These things totally mess with my time. Once it's done, I can't start any more until I get some other stuff done. Although I did go out to the craft room last night for a while and worked a bit on my braid for my first sample piece. It's a mish-mash of colours so I think it will be a mat for the dog to lie on in front of the fire. He's not that picky about what colour his comfort comes in! I think I'm going to enjoy making these rugs so I found a site online where I can order the tools required, as I'll have to return the ones I'm currently using at the end of community school. 

Gotta love the internet. I went online to search for a Simplicity pattern and found one that I absolutely loved. Headed off to the fabric store and was told they no  longer carry this brand, and the only ones left are being sold off, but no new ones coming in. Of course the one I wanted wasn't to be found. I talked to Patti and she checked in Guelph. Turns out no one is carrying them anymore. Good thing I was able to order the pattern I'm looking for from their website. Once that arrives, I've got some serious sewing to dive into.

No weddings this Saturday but I'm working in the morning. The stuff that was stacked up in the small shed has since been moved out to the garage so now we can start stacking wood in there. Finally something I can actually help with. The garage has a lot of stuff in it now but it still needs to be organized.  That's going to take some time. But the nice part is that there's a heat source in there now so as it gets colder, Lloyd can spend his days working out there. I know he's looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment