Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday, September 17th - decisions, decisions!

Conditions at 5:15 am :  a very balmy 12'
Expected later: 18' and mostly sunny

Firstly a very happy belated birthday to Brenda. Her birthday was yesterday and we had an evening out! Not exactly a celebration but a night out just the same. We'll take it, no matter how it comes our way.
It was the registration for community school and the big decision had to be made: whatever shall we take this year?  We stepdanced on Tuesday nights last year but we had a special reason for doing that. Now that reason is no longer valid so we've had to make the decision: what to do this year???

The courses offered this year are:
Fiddle
Guitar
Quilting
Yoga
Braided Rug 
Scrap Booking
Speaker-A-Night
Crokinole
Crochet
Square Dancing.

In the end it was a toss up between yoga and making a braided rug. I probably should have chosen yoga but opted instead to learn a new craft I've not yet tried. (just what I needed - another hobby!). Brenda on the other hand chose something that was both good for her and had no homework - yoga.
Only problem is her class finishes at the break so she has the option of either going home or sitting in on any of the other classes -two for the price of one! And since it only makes sense to take one car, she has to wait for me. Last night she attended the second half of the speaker a night class and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lloyd had supper ready when I got home as I didn't have much time. We were sitting at the table eating and looking out the window when a large flock of small birds, the same quail type that we saw last year, came onto the yard down by the road. They just marched up the lawn all the way up to the front of the house, like little soldiers on a mission. They came right up to the front window. No idea why. I stood up to get my camera and when they saw the movement, they all froze, like a bunch of tiny  statues. When I moved away from the window, they continued on their walk over to the driveway and across to the side yard. I took a picture through the window but it's not great, especially with the screen in the way. I opened the back door but as soon as they saw me they flew away, and went out into the big field behind our property. A very strange sight indeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment