Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday. September 26th - three months from today we'll be eating left over turkey!

Conditions at 5:30 am: clear skies and 12'
Expected later: lots of sun and a high of 20' that may feel more like 24' !!!

The time is going by so quickly. When I wrote out the first purchase order yesterday and realized it was the 25th of September, only 3 short months till Christmas, I knew it's time for me to get busy. I have a few projects that need done before then, so I'd better get my butt in gear!

It was a lovely day yesterday and promises to be even better today. The weekend is also supposed to be nice and mild, and I have Saturday off! I might actually get some jobs done outside, as the weather is being more than cooperative. I hate to spend a lovely day piling wood but I'd much rather do it now than in cold and wet, or worse, snowy, weather later. Might as well get out there and enjoy as much as possible.

Lloyd put some shelves up in our little barn-like shed and now it's all very neatly organized. Yesterday he started on an interior wall in the garage. Right now all the tools and various pieces of equipment are in piles, albeit organized piles, waiting for new cabinets. Those will be mounted on the new walls and everything will be very organized - or at least that's the plan. I suspect he'll be working on that on the weekend while I stack wood. Unless of course, Bernie needs his help with a BIG project he may have on the go. We do have priorities! The garage will always be waiting. Other than that, no big plans for the weekend. It will just play out as it is meant to.

I've been doing lots of research and making lots of notes for some catering jobs that are coming up in October. It's going to be a VERY challenging month - but who doesn't love a good challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment