Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Tuesday, March 14th - waiting for the annual St. Paddies Day Storm

I've been told several times that we usually get a storm around St. Patricks Day and it looks like this year is no exception. We're expecting a nor'easter to strike Tuesday night and may be followed by rain on Wednesday. Dear Mother Nature - if we aren't going to be able to use the snow for anything useful, then we don't need it!




It's been a busy week feeding baby goats. Little Barney is doing very well in spite of his rocky start in life.  He's being bottle fed three times a day and he's getting along famously, although I think he believes I'm his mom! We had to move him in with another mom because his was being pretty mean to him. His adopted mom isn't feeding him but at least she's keeping him warm on cold nights, which I was really concerned about. The feeding I can take care of. When I go into the barn he starts calling to me and when I let him out of his pen, he follows me all around. He's just too darned cute.

Our friend Jens came over on Saturday to see how he was doing and he was really happy to have the chance to give him his bottle.

 The fun just never ends!





Other than that it's been a bit of a quiet week. I enjoyed an evening out on Thursday with Brenda and Meghan. An enjoyable meal and a concert at the Mack made for a great night. Thanks ladies!

It was a really freezing cold weekend so good time to work inside. Our neighbour Frank came over on Friday afternoon and ended up staying until at least 7:00 helping Lloyd with the grout. After a couple of drinks and a turkey dinner, we sent him home. We really appreciated his help.( I certainly did because it would have been me out there all those hours!) 

Saturday was a quieter day with some odd jobs around the place. Sunday Lloyd and I did a bit more on the grout. One more bag of grout should pretty much finish it off. Then we can move things in and see if the plan on paper actually works in real life.

I spent some time on the weekend planning our trip to Britain. James and I are traveling in July to celebrate my 65th birthday. Did I mention that I wanted to go to Liverpool for my birthday? It's that whole Beatles thing, you know......
James is going with me so my few days trip has expanded somewhat. Now we will be touring some of Scotland as well, before heading for London to finish our trip. We're traveling on Britrail passes so we're planning our trip accordingly.  Half the fun is the planning but I'm really looking forward to it. There's still lots of details to be worked out but we've got lots of time.

And lastly, I read my email after doing the blog last week and missed a message from Patti. So,
Where in the world is Patti?  Last week she was in Copenhagen. She tells me she went for a walk and got lost but eventually found her way back to the hotel. She says there are a lot of people who use bicycles over there, in spite of the cold weather.  



Lego were invented in Denmark.. who knew?

Did you know? Lego makes more tires than any other company in the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment