Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tuesday, March 21st - Spring is now one whole day old! YAAAAY

There's an old saying - be careful what you wish for, it might come true.
Well, I suppose we wished for a commercial kitchen out in our garage and it seems to have actually come true. We're not up and running as yet because some things still need to be installed and hooked up. Spring (once things thaw and the mud has dried up) will see digging and plumbing installed but for now most things are at least in place.

 Not so long ago, this was what the space looked like, at least once all the junk was cleared out!



But just look at it now! Welcome to a sneak preview of the kitchens of :




Wee Bee Bakery, Catering and 
Country Culinary Experience






A very large convection oven is going into the space to the left of the stove but that's going to take a bit lot of effort to move. Some modifications need to be made as well but that will come. For the time being at least, everything is finally in it's place - and out of Lloyd's workshop!!There's an awful lot of cleaning to be done to some of these pieces but my labour is cheap and I have the time

Well, maybe next week I'll have the time. This week I'm thrilled to have Patti and Tristen visiting. He worked all through March Break so his mom is letting him take a few days off school.
Tristen brought me a very nice hand made sign for the kitchen.. The door has been taken off at the moment but as soon as it's back on I'll post a photo of his creation in it's proper place!

He couldn't wait to meet Barney when he got here yesterday afternoon. They hit it off right away so now I'm relieved of my bottle feeding duties for the rest of the week!



 We're going to have some fun in the kitchen this week as well as a tour of the Culinary Institute of Canada. I want him to see just one of the educational opportunities he might be able to take advantage of when he graduates from high school. I can't believe I'm helping my little baby grandson plan his secondary education! I know it's a ways off and he will likely change his mind several times before he gets to that point but he's here and I had the connections to make it happen. I think I'm more excited about it than he is!



This week is March Break here on the island so friends Brenda and Bernie got a bit of a breakaway and are gone on a road trip. No particular destination in mind - the best kind of trip. Hope you guys are having a great time and finding some weather maybe a little warmer than here.

Yesterday at 7:20 was the start of spring, so message to Mother Nature - bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment