Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's ALMOST a snow day..

It's not a full fledged snow day today, but ought to be! The drive in this morning was a little challenging. We received a few inches of new snow last night on top of a little freezing rain that fell last evening. The snow is not so bad, it's the slick of ice under it that is tricky. But I just took my time this morning and made it in. With any luck, they will close everything early and we can go home. Wouldn't that be nice!
Last night I finished the bedroom, all that's left now is to put all the supplies away and sweep. I am very happy with how it turned out. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it. The mini print flower and stripe paper is perfect for a bedroom in an old farmhouse. The kids will be surprise when they see it.
I was talking to Lloyd last night and he missed Patti's call asking him to babysit. He had a nap when he got home and didn't hear the phone. She'll have to call him earlier in the day when she needs his services.
Today there is a reception for Team PEI at the Charlottetown Curling Club at 5:00. I had thought I might like to go but we have an IAAP meeting scheduled for tonight. But yesterday, our meeting was postponed until next week, so that is a bonus for me. I still have a bit of cleaning to do before Thursday, but I'm really appreciative of the extra day to prepare.
I can't wait to post pictures of my 'new' room so the kids can see it. Brenda suggested I should call Meghan and let her know I've redecorated her room.
As I'm looking at furniture placement in these small rooms, I've come up with a great idea. I think we really need to move the bunky over to our yard. If we put the double bed in the other side of the bunky it could sleep 4 people. Then I could use one of the spare rooms as my craft room. Then we would have lots of room when the kids come to visit. The bonus of having the bunky here is when we have company. It would be a nice quiet place to have a nap in the afternoon. Or Lloyd and I could sleep there. There are limitless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment