Friday, February 26, 2010

Is it Spring yet?


It certainly feels like it this week. We really can't complain about our winter so far. The snow has not been a huge problem, and we've only had one week when it was really cold. We will probably still be in for some winter weather, it is still only February, after all, but it's the end of February and we no longer drive to work in the dark and come home in the dark.
Now there is time to do things outside at night after work, for a little while anyway, and the sun is just coming up when I leave at 6:40 in the morning. I took this picture on my way out of the driveway this morning.
The temperature reading on my car this morning on the way in was plus 1 degree. It can't help but put a spring into your step first thing.
We know it's not over, but somehow you feel like the worst of it's behind you. But, I know March can be brutal, so we should just enjoy what we have, while we have it.
I talked to Patti the other night and James is wanting to know if there will be snow. He wants to bring his new snowboard and take it to Brookvale. I've never been there but I told her I'd keep him up to date.
I found a web site he can go to : http://www.tourismpei.com/winter/brookvaleconditions.php3
to give him the current conditions. He can also rent a board there for $11.00 for half a day. So that might be easier than bringing his own from Ontario. I see they also rent tubes, and skis so there are lots of options. Just hope we have some snow when they get here on March 10th.

Tonight Brenda and I are off to see an image consultant. It's an event Tracey told me about. The woman there will speak about what to wear, what not to wear, how to wear it, and how to feel comfortable in your own skin. I think that is something that just comes with age. I've never been what you would call very slim, but not totally obese either. But I always felt 'large'. But as I get older, I realize that there are more important things in life. I'm not large enough to be unhealthy, and I don't have any health issues. I'm almost 58 years old and I don't take any medication for anything. So I know how very lucky I am. I've become a little more active, and sometimes I try to watch what I eat. But again, I don't do that so much either. I make most of my meals from scratch, I don't use much in the way of pre-packaged food and I very, very rarely eat fast food. So even though I know I carry around a few extra pounds, I'm not going to sweat about it.
I finally like me for who I am, with all my warts and wrinkles.

3 comments:

  1. Are YOU kidding me? You are the BEST Sandy Denny, and NEVER forget it!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. If that's you, Nancy Brown, how the heck are you? Hope all is well...

      Delete