Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, January 28th - a little more seasonable this morning

It's still a chilly -14' that feels like -21'. It's a little more seasonable but that may all change by midweek. Wednesday is being predicted as a high of +4' and Thursday is saying +9'. Back to the roller coaster temperatures. At least we don't have to worry about it melting all the snow because we have very little on the ground.

Friday was a great evening. Brenda and Bernie came over and we enjoyed some snacks and a beverage or two before they headed out to Tennessee early Saturday morning. I'll be watching for visitors from the south throughout the week!

Saturday was a pretty ordinary day. I worked, then came home. Nothing going on, just a quiet evening. Our new to us sofa and chair were delivered on Saturday so we sat in our respective recliners and watched TV for the evening.

Sunday was still cold and we were expecting company for supper. I had originally hoped to do some BBQ steaks but it was too cold even in the garage. So instead I went with a baked chicken dish and the same potatoes we had last weekend. We even had the same dessert because I had some of the orange icing left. It was simple to pull together another chocolate orange cake. Sorry Brenda, I'm pretty sure it will all be gone again by the end of the day.

My friend Donna, her daughter and her fella Roy came over. I haven't seen Donna since the summer so it was nice to get together. Her new guy is very nice and he and Lloyd really hit it off. He fishes lobster, grows blueberries and cultivates oysters - just the kind of islander you like to have as a friend. They brought a bag of plump, juicy oysters that we thoroughly enjoyed before our meal.  I'm sure there will be lots more get togethers as they got engaged before Christmas.  They plan to go away somewhere to get married instead of doing something here so I guess I won't get to make a cake but her daughter Carly and I are already plotting to host a shower so she can help me with a cake, something she's been wanting to do for quite some time. We'll get it in there one way or another!

I got some photos from Patti last night. They've finished redecorating their dining room and it looks wonderful. They've also installed a tile backsplash in the kitchen and it looks great. I just can't believe the pictures of the kitchen counters with nothing on them but a toaster!  Haven't seen that for a REALLY long time!!! ha ha. But the tile looks really good - can't wait to see all the changes when I go up there in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment