Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday, January 6th - Happy New Year everyone!

My apologies for the lack of posts (for the hand full of people who actually visit on a regular basis).
Shortly after I arrived in Guelph I came down with a cold. Unfortunately it just kept getting worse and worse. Long story short, I'm hoping to go back to work on Monday, after a round of antibiotics to clear up a bronchial infection. I'm still really tired and have very little energy but at least I'm beginning to feel like I've rounded that corner on the way back to health.

I was so looking forward to a full two weeks off and to have the kids here for the entire time but I feel instead like I spoiled everyone's holiday. I know the kids got to play outside in the snow some and they did enjoy that. We did manage to get to the beach one very cold day for a walk with the dogs but unfortunately there were lots of things I was planning to do with them that just didn't happen.
But it was still nice to have them here and I'm hoping it was a little relaxing for their mom and dad.

Everyone seemed happy with their gifts and I was given a beautiful clock that Meghan made for me in a pottery class. She really is quite the little artist.

Now that James is 12, he can fly by himself so I won't be at all surprised to see him arriving for a weekend visit when fishing season starts!  We gave him a tackle box and some fishing stuff he was wanting for his birthday that I know he'll be anxious to try out with Papa.

We were fortunate to have good roads for our drive to the island and for the most part Patti had the same going back - except of course the roads here on the island the morning they left. But they made it safely so I was able to relax a bit once I knew they'd made it safely home.

I'll have a bit more later in the week but for now I'm going to close. See you on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Sandy! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete