Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday, March 19th - spring will come, right?

It's still quite chilly. It's a chilly -10 this morning feeling more like -15 but it does't seem too windy at the moment. It should warm up to a sunny -3 later on, still somewhat below what it should be this time of year but it's an improvement.

Not a lot going on the past couple of days. Not even a Tuesday evening out to report on, as we didn't have our class because it's March Break.

Lloyd has pretty much finished his incubator. Last night he was ever so pleased so show me the automatic egg turner. It moves back and forth very slowly, gently turning the eggs first one way, then the other. He's picking up a timer today, I assume to determine when said eggs get turned, and then he's ready to go. He'll begin collecting eggs and then putting them in and hoping for the best. He has spent so many hours working on this, I hope his mission is successful!

We're going to visit our friends Charles and Laura for supper on Saturday. We haven't talked to them since the first two lambs were born but they were expecting more at any time. It will be interesting to see how many they have and how they've grown in the past three weeks.

Then on Sunday I plan to spend the day baking. There's a benefit at the Rec Centre on the 29th that I will miss so I can at least bake some cakes for the cake auction. Hopefully they will do better this time as the Rec Centre usually has an area where the cakes can be viewed before hand so people know what they're bidding on. I'll have to make them as attractive as possible to entice people to bid on them. I have a few ideas I want to try. I'll be able to freeze the iced cakes and then deliver them to Brenda's on the Friday morning the 28th on my way out of town. They will be fine till Saturday.

Other than that, nothing much going on. I haven't even been out in my craft room this week as I was doing laundry the past two nights. I think I'll be spending the evening out there tonight.  While I was waiting for the clothes to dry, I was finishing up the last couple of episodes of a Netflix series I was watching. It was called Mr. Selfridge - about the American who built Selfridges Department Store in London, England when no one had seen such a shop as his. It was very interesting having been in the modern day store a few years ago. I did some online research into the real Mr. Selfridge only to learn that the store was eventually taken over in 2008 by a Canadian investor - a family by the name of Weston. Who knew?  Amazing what you can learn from a TV program that sparks a little curiosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment