Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday, March 5th - enough all ready with the cold temperatures!

It's been freezing again ever since Monday morning. It's -16 this morning but feeling like -23. We're only going to warm up later to -14 and still feeling like -20.  It's March - it has to start getting a teensy bit warmer soon! 

I was planning to go to BC this weekend where it's expected to be 10' and there are daffodils and crocuses blooming, but instead I'll be staying here in the deep freeze. It should go up a little bit by Saturday, let's hope they're right. I've put off my trip to the west coast until the first week of April - it should be really lovely out there by then. Patti is going to Victoria this weekend on a layover so she'll be able to fill me in when she gets back.

Not a lot going on right now - it's been a pretty quiet week. Brenda called yesterday to advise she wasn't going to dance class as she was feeling pretty crumbly. I have to say I was ever so grateful that she did. I really didn't want to go either so I cancelled on both our behalves.  My arms were very achy from skiing on Sunday afternoon. I didn't realize just what a workout I'd given them. I also have some fairly achy ribs from a bit of a slide I took on Sunday afternoon. Needless to say I felt like my whole body was uncomfortable yesterday, so thank you Brenda. I didn't want to be the one to cancel so I'm very grateful you did. This morning the arms are good, just the ribs to deal with and that may take a few days, but it's just a mild ache - more of a aggravation than anything else.

But who am I to complain. I'm really not meaning to. A fellow I work with was recently diagnosed with cancer. As of yesterday he will be off for at least 8 months and after chatting with him, the rounds of surgery and treatment he is facing looks pretty daunting. Kind of puts a couple of sore ribs into perspective.

Too many people close to us are fighting cancer right now, or have lost the battle. It just all feels so hopeless at times but we have to try to keep positive for those still fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment