Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday, June 6th - a cooler wet day

Currently at 5:30 am: 14' and overcast
Expected later: 17' and more rain

It's a wet morning but is currently not raining at the moment, but judging by the puddles in the yard, we did receive quite a bit overnight, and I know more is on the eay. It's a good thing as we really needed the rain. The fields are so dry so this is welcome to those farmers who have crops in already. Not so much for those who aren't quite done yet.

It's finally Friday and I think I'm almost caught up at work. It's been a busy catch up kind of week. I feel like I've been going flat out for two weeks and it's not quite finished yet. We're having another one of those special sales at work and Lloyd and I are catering the food once again. I am my own worst enemy though. I suggested that since we now have a truck, we could bring in the BBQ and do burgers and smoked sausages on the grill on Monday. But because it will have to be outside, it's only fair that we feed everyone instead of just the sales staff. So instead of 13 or 14 people we are now up to 35. But only for the one day - the other two days will be back to a manageable number again. Last night was spent going over the menu and making the shopping list. It's not a great time to be prepping for all of this as Lloyd is doing the blown insulation in the garage this weekend so it will mostly fall to me. But that's okay. We're getting more experienced at this whole thing, and I will have Monday and Tuesday evening to work on things as well. I also opened my bit mouth and suggested that we might have a large cake for the customers to have  a piece with their coffee as they
wait for a salesman. The boss thought that was a great idea, then suggested we could have little cupcakes and maybe some cookies or something on the other two days! Me and my big mouth and my bright ideas!

 No fun  stuff for me this weekend! Unlike last weekend.

Before
During
After






After a busy Friday and Saturday, Sunday morning dawned very still and calm. Remember that big pile of branches that's been hanging around out yard? We finally had a nice enough day to burn them. I checked with the forestry folks early in the day and got their blessings. It was a huge pile but it's amazing how quickly it got burned. It was all gone in just a little over 3 hours. It was time consuming to just keep feeding the fire one branch after another but it was done in no time and we've gained back a large portion of our yard! James will be sorry he missed THAT fire!

 It was a lovely sunny day so Brenda and I decided to head out on our first motorcycle ride of the season. I ran out of gas so that necessitated a ride to Mount Stewart to fill up. Then it was off to Morell area, turn right towards Cardigan and then back home. It was chillier than we expected and I admit I wasn't dressed quite warm enough for it. I was pretty cold by the time we got back. But it was nice to get back out on the road. It won't be quite so warm this weekend so I won't feel bad about having to stay inside and work all weekend.










One last thing - best of luck to Meghan (2) who has her dance recital this weekend. I think there are 6 or 7 dances involved.The Rac N Roll is loaded and ready to go!

 After last weekend and trying to remember one and a half dances (and not doing a great job at that) I have new respect for her abilities to make it through all those dances. I know she'll do well. Sorry I won't be there to watch this year. Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment