Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, June 16th - we suspect the garage walls may have ears!

Current weather at 5:30 am - raining and 10'
Expected later: maybe a bit of sun and a high of 12 to 13'

It may not feel like it right now, but I now know for sure that spring is officially here - the hummingbirds are back. I saw the first one a few nights ago at the kitchen window searching for the feeder that usually hangs there.I put it back in the window yesterday. Now we have at least one who is visiting on a regular basis. They seem to be much later returning this year.

It was a chilly and wet weekend so good opportunity to get some work down inside. Bernie and Brenda have a small house that is on one of their properties, that they rent out. It's currently between tenants so they usually use that opportunity to do a little bit of upgrading. They were scraping the paint off the shingles on the walls on Friday and are planning to give it a new paint job on the outside, as well as adding a small deck on the front. On Saturday I went over and helped Brenda inside for a while. She cleaned the bathroom while I worked on the fridge and stove. Later in the afternoon Lloyd and I went back after his nap and I helped with the windows. A great project for a rainy Saturday.

Neither of us had to worry about what to make for supper as it was the volunteer dinner at the Rec Centre. So after working all day, we just had to go home, shower and change and enjoy a lobster supper prepared and served for us. The meal was followed by a lively game of trivia and we came in a respectable 2nd place to the team that usually wins. So congrats to all our team mates - well done!

Sunday morning was again rainy and cool and I decided to make some bread. Unfortunately I woke the VanGaals up when I called to see if I could borrow some yeast. Don't you just love friends who do that to you? Lloyd was working out in the garage and once the bread was finished I went out to help.

If you recall, last week I reported that he was missing a hearing aid that got lost out in the garage. We vacuumed up the copious amounts of cellulose insulation that was all around and I spent my afternoon emptying the shop vac, one small handful at a time, sifting through the stuff in search of said hearing device. Unfortunately it was never found. We strongly suspect that perhaps it was picked up with some of the loose stuff that we were feeding back into the blower and is in the walls somewhere.

The birthday girl





So that was pretty much our weekend. A belated Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and a special belated Happy Birthday to Meghan (1) in Toronto. Hope you all had a great day yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment