Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday July 11th - it was a grand day!

Conditions at 5:30 am: 16' and the sun is just coming up beautifully (although there is that whole "red sky in the morning"...)
Expected later: mostly sunny 23' that will feel more like 27' - another perfect day!

It's been a perfect week, weather wise, and anyone who had holidays booked this week were truly blessed.

Not a lot going on the past couple of days. Lloyd went to Nova Scotia and he and his bees returned safe and sound. Now they are residing in their new home at the end of the yard. Hopefully this winter will be more successful than last one was.  He took the ferry back and who was on it, but Linda and Nadia, our guests from Tuesday evening. So he had someone to talk to on the way back.

Yesterday afternoon when I got home, Lloyd had warmed up the leftovers from Tuesday evenings meal and he advised that Brenda had called. I called back and she was on her way to the beach. Sounded like a great idea to me. By the time she arrived I had wolfed down my supper, changed and packed up my picnic cooler with a chilled bottle of wine. We headed out and went to Savage Beach. It's a bit of a  drive to get there but it's also very quiet. We set up our chairs and went over to test the water. It wasn't so cold but was very dirty - likely a result of all the high winds on the weekend. We opted instead to just sit and relax and enjoy a beautiful evening.We stayed there till almost 8:30 and enjoyed the scenery and the beautiful evening. I expect we'll be doing this more often, especially when it's this warm.
Seriously, what could be better - my feet buried in the sand and a glass of cold wine in my hand!

Tonight Brenda and I are off to see the Lennie Gallant show at the Mac. Linda and Nadia saw it on Monday evening and very highly recommended it. So a relaxing meal out on a sidewalk patio followed by some great entertainment seems like a perfect way to end the week. I'm working on Saturday and we have a bike ride planned for Sunday, as this weather is promising to continue into next week!



Note to "Patti, not from Orangeville" - I know this sounds really sad but I didn't know I could access the internet on my Kobo. So thanks for teaching me that! I just tried it and I can read the blog fine with it. I thought maybe it was a kobo thing but mine seems to work fine. Not sure why yours doesn't. I tried leaving a comment from my Ipad and it worked. I thought it might be an apple thing but not so. As for the phone, it might just be it doesn't have that functionality. That's something I'll have to investigate further.


3 comments:

  1. Well look at that ! Cookie blockers are good for the waistline but not for the blog comments. p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we both learned something new!

    ReplyDelete